My Take on World War Five - Page 2

--

February 21st, 2005  
Doc.S

rOk well you all know what I think and I am just following my instinct. I improvise, adept and overcome with my sixth sence that is called knowledge and gut feeling. Letīs hope I am wrong.

"I feel a presence I havent feelt since....."

*Nods towards gladius*

Btw:
Nice to be remembered for something important and obvious, carry on lads....

Cheers:
Doc.S
February 21st, 2005  
TBA_PAKI

I think that USA will stay in power but its philosophy of New World Order will create more troubles then achievements.

USA is trying its best to control Middle East Region by initiating the process of democratization there. But challenges will grew in the shape of China, North Korea and Iran (and its collaborators).

On the other hand Europeans will try to sort out there small-scale differences and focus on united principles rather then coming under influence of Russia or USA.

But developments in Middle East region will be given more attention. Now there are different perspectives of reaction of world on a particular event triggered by USA.

But any new World War will be a very tough challenge for USA due to it being already pitted in War on Terror. As war with any of the three nations that I pointed above will be destructive for both sides in current scenario.
February 21st, 2005  
Pyro

i look for the a United Europe to rise up against the US as they "pull" away from the USA
--
February 22nd, 2005  
Whispering Death

But you guys don't think that a WW1-esque situation could arise between Russia, China, and India as they all become more powerfull?
February 22nd, 2005  
Doc.S

Whispering Death wrote:
Quote:
But you guys don't think that a WW1-esque situation could arise between Russia, China, and India as they all become more powerfull?
The eurasian chessboard is as elusive as the ancient prophecys if you ask me. You name major geostrategic players of the eurasian chessboard and as always, Russia is a big bear, as always they are very elusive to predict. China is a rather sealed country and cheers some of the Russian mystical movements. India is in my opinion a very unpredictable player, too unpredictable to make my sleep any better. But these are all questions for the future, letīs say 10-15 years *hip-shot* World war five may be triggerd by something simular to the WW1 scenario.

But it wont be kings or royaltys this time. But hey - Most recent event may be Libanon last week. - Peace today is very fragile to be honest. I am more for an outburts of civil war between different ppl in different countrys in europe. The Netherlands was an example of what kind of feelings that are supressed in this European Union. The outside, in the corridors of power, and the leftwing supporters may look nice, beneath this surface the reality is moving forward. Mass unemployment, bad (Un-humane) to optimistic integration policys and a growing dissatisfied mob of citizens that may turn against local politician to start with and then go further.

It is all in the newspapers and in the regular news if you read about the market and the big companys moving out from European countrys in favour for the cheaper eurasian development countries. When a big company gives notice about a thousend job`s there and a few hundred new unemployed ppl here, this ppl may stay calm for a while but they will soon be joined by more ppl that may have a work to go to today. This mob will strike back sooner or later, in one way or another. *hip-shot* for this events + < 5-12 years > -

Cheers:
Doc.S
February 23rd, 2005  
A Can of Man

World War I and II were World Wars. Just look at the intensity and the level of horror on every side of that conflict.
The War on Terror might be world wide, but compared to that sort of stuff it is way, way too light. It's about as misleading as the name of the Hundred Years' war.
Also the Cold War as World War III is a huge stretch in itself. It was fought with two major wars, Korea and Vietnam, and also a bunch of smaller wars. But that was no World War. Just compare it to the scale of World War II and I.
You know what I mean about the difference?
February 23rd, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
World War I and II were World Wars. Just look at the intensity and the level of horror on every side of that conflict.
The War on Terror might be world wide, but compared to that sort of stuff it is way, way too light. It's about as misleading as the name of the Hundred Years' war.
Also the Cold War as World War III is a huge stretch in itself. It was fought with two major wars, Korea and Vietnam, and also a bunch of smaller wars. But that was no World War. Just compare it to the scale of World War II and I.
You know what I mean about the difference?
NOT THE POINT OF THE THREAD!
February 23rd, 2005  
A Can of Man

Just saying. We haven't even had World War III yet.