My problem: "In my town they believe about USA and Nazi Germany" - Page 4

--
Boots

November 20th, 2014  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
These must have been the Baltic Germans who made up a minority in the Baltic states. Hitler despised the Baltic peoples who were sort of lumped in with the Slavs as sub-human. However great prosecution came to the Germans that lived outside of Germany during the later months of the war and the period following the war. the Germanic peoples in Poland, Czechoslovakia, the Baltic states were much oppressed. Many were forced from their homes or even killed. The movement of people to the new German borders was one of the largest movement of refugees in history
Many of them were Estonians and Latvians. They viewed the Germans as liberators after being occupied by the Soviets and many of them volunteered to fight the Soviets. The German attitude toward Estonians and Latvians was pretty good quite similar as how the Germans viewed the Finns. Lithuania was rather different, but contained more ethnic Germans.

Linguistically, Estonia and Latvia are pretty close to Finland. Culturally they were more like Sweden. (these two countries belonged to Sweden once)
November 20th, 2014  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
Many of them were Estonians and Latvians. They viewed the Germans as liberators after being occupied by the Soviets and many of them volunteered to fight the Soviets. The German attitude toward Estonians and Latvians was pretty good quite similar as how the Germans viewed the Finns. Lithuania was rather different, but contained more ethnic Germans.

Linguistically, Estonia and Latvia are pretty close to Finland. Culturally they were more like Sweden. (these two countries belonged to Sweden once)
Now I have read and seen on documentaries, I.e.: "Blood on the Snow" that Hitler despised the Baltic peoples. Yes they like the Ukrainians and Cossacks volunteered to fight for the Waffen SS's foreign legions. However after the veneer of liberation was removed, they then realized that they had a new tyrant to deal with. At least that's how I understood the situation to be. I do know a certain amount of Balts were deprived food stocks during the later parts of the war by Germany. Of course they did this to quite a few nations: Holland, Greece, etc.
November 20th, 2014  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
Now I have read and seen on documentaries, I.e.: "Blood on the Snow" that Hitler despised the Baltic peoples. Yes they like the Ukrainians and Cossacks volunteered to fight for the Waffen SS's foreign legions. However after the veneer of liberation was removed, they then realized that they had a new tyrant to deal with. At least that's how I understood the situation to be. I do know a certain amount of Balts were deprived food stocks during the later parts of the war by Germany. Of course they did this to quite a few nations: Holland, Greece, etc.
Estonia and Latvia created SS divisions, Lithuania never did, they were more viewed as the Poles, is it possible Hitler referred to the Lithuanians and not the other two?

The Estonians and the Latvians participated gladly in the holocaust.....both countries were pretty much without any unwanted after the war.
--
Boots
November 21st, 2014  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
I guess it takes a Swede to know the bottom line about Sweden in WW2. Sounds like Sweden had good intentions but didn't want to irk Germany militarily "can you blame her". I had heard about their red cross work and the saving of Hungarian Jews.

I think Sweden did what it needed to do to survive the war, in essence it helped both sides and I am not sure you can really blame them for that by comparison Switzerland was almost a silent axis partner.
November 21st, 2014  
I3BrigPvSk

Sweden had and still has good relations with Germany. Prior the war the German industries needed the raw materials from Sweden and during the war the relations were pretty good. There were many in Sweden supporting the German cause when the economic elite in Sweden could see the benefits of what was going on in Germany in the 1930s. Hitler was quite disappointed with the low response in Sweden to Operation Barbarossa, Russia was and still is our arch enemy. Especially after losing Finland to them in the war of 1809. Anyway, the higher echelon in the military, industry and some politicians were pro-Germany and even Nazis. Herman Goering's first wife was Swedish and if that has any significance for the Swedish-German relations, is hard to say. Historians do not agree in this matter
November 21st, 2014  
Army0413

Sweden sleept in Nazi Germany in Sweden and german want's kole in Kiruna.
But in Norway after Nazi won they want to fight against Sweden.
But never happens in '42 or '43.
November 21st, 2014  
Army0413

Gang leaders aren't USA against Nazi Germany because they can be killed.
November 21st, 2014  
Army0413

Gang leaders knows far away against me.

Maybe it is Alla(h) or Jesus how know to them.
November 21st, 2014  
I3BrigPvSk

I'm sorry my fellow Swede, I don't comprehend what you are saying.

I would appreciate a discussion about the Holocaust. This is a matter we all need to discuss. What the Nazis did (not the Germans) need to be discussed and we all need to learn (I don't have much faith in the learning part, but we can leave that)

The scientific approach is to study the steps toward "the final solution"and not what happened after the Wannsee conference. The body count is journalism and not science. Does it matter if they killed one million or six million, the method of doing so is equally disgusting.
November 21st, 2014  
Army0413

I think China is worse country in world then Iraq.

Strange gods in Buddha and Alla(h) Akbari.

But I like Turkey and Iran more than Iraq.

ISIS can't do nothing if they prefer war against this two mouslim country.