My poltergeist experience? - Page 2

--
Boots

July 19th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Well I don't lie, guys, nor do I have any interest in paranormal activities. All I know is that that's precisely what happened. I wanted to share it with you guys.
July 19th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli secundus
and said "good part"
Do you think I made it up, right?
Is that what I said? It just got too long that I skipped ahead and saw that part. I think after that experience under your belt you could see any scary movie and laugh at how fake it sounds. I got kicked out for doing that one time.
July 20th, 2005  
ghost457

freaky. altho, could it have been a dog? my dog always scratches at doors until someone opens them, and maybe when you opened the door it got scared and ran away. i dunno, thats my explanation. i really shouldnt have read that, its 1:40 am, and i have an over-active imagination, im gonna have a nightmare, lol. anyways, thats my opinion.
--
Boots
July 20th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Nulli, sorry I must've misunderstood what you meant, anyways yeah I might laugh at scary movies now.

Ghost, yeah of course I considered the dog or cat or mouse or small animals explanation.
But: there was NO dog in the house, nor was there any other animal. Plus, I think I can recognize when a dog or a cat scratches at wall or doors, it should haveb neem a dinosaur not a dog. The noise was very very loud, and noone else woke up in the house. I have cats and dogs myself, know what they do. It wasn't an animal for sure, man.
July 20th, 2005  
MontyB

Hmm well since I dont believe in ghosts I will go with air in the water pipes or swamp gas reflecting off mars.

Oh wait the swamp gas one is for UFO's ok just air in the pipes that makes one hell of a noise in old homes and it usually sounds like its in the walls.
July 20th, 2005  
DTop

Why not ask your friend what he thinks it is? He sounds familiar with it and I'm sure has some explanation that let's him sleep at night. Maybe he can offer you an explanation that makes more sense than your imagination might. Otherwise you're liable to wonder about it for the rest of your life.
It's an interesting story, keep us posted.
July 20th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
Why not ask your friend what he thinks it is? He sounds familiar with it and I'm sure has some explanation that let's him sleep at night. Maybe he can offer you an explanation that makes more sense than your imagination might. Otherwise you're liable to wonder about it for the rest of your life.
It's an interesting story, keep us posted.
I just read your comment to mom who is sitting next to me now. Some people asked me the same thing: "Why didn't you just ask him more and more? I wouldn't have left w/o knowing!" and such. It is true, of course, but at that time I was somehow inhibited because of the fact that it might have been his dad, and he'd passed away, so it's not the easiest thing going to ask someone "Hey was it your dad scratching at my wall last night?", you know. Other than that, yeah I should have asked, I know. I'm still in touch with him now.
July 20th, 2005  
DTop

That's what I meant. Now that you're away frtom the situation, you could probably ask "what do you think that noise was", you don't have to bring up his dad directly. It'd be worth asking, don't you think?
July 20th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
That's what I meant. Now that you're away frtom the situation, you could probably ask "what do you think that noise was", you don't have to bring up his dad directly. It'd be worth asking, don't you think?
Yes. You're a curious cookie, ain't you man?
July 26th, 2005  
>*CrAzY*<

My little sister saw and described my great grandmother to my mom when she was little. She died in the room that we stay in when we go to my grandparents house. My cousin has also seen her - but my litttle sister never met her and there aren't any pictures really in there of her. Kinda weird. I always jump in the bed and pull the covers around my head and pull the pillows close in when I sleep there.

Also, my great grandpa died in my other grandparents house in the room across the hall/landing/big area that all the rooms are connected in from where i sleep. One night after I went to bed, I had to go to the bathroom and I opened the door and in every room on the landing (there are 4 other rooms that weren't occupied and a closet) the light was on. I about peed in my pants, ran and jumped back in the bed and called a friend on my cell phone who I talked to until i went to sleep. I always turn on as many lights as possible when I go to the bathroom now, and sleep with the TV on even tho I hate sleeping with bright lights. Scared the crap out of me - but I still stay there.

Oh yeah, and my house is settling and my cat randomly screams in the middle of the night. Talk about something scaring the shit out of you when you are trying to go to sleep. I also had a friend wake me out crying about the train is going to come through the house or something (we have train tracks in the backyard and it goes through in the middle of the night - I'm so used to it that I don't hear it anymore when I sleep) and it threw me off for a minute... until I figured out she was asleep and I woke her up. Shook me up a bit tho, cause it was something I had never heard before.