Music, movies, hobbies, etc. - Page 2

--
Boots

December 9th, 2003  
Redneck

Sounds good, I don't know about tossing a three-year-old out of an airplane , but father knows best right? haha
Is there really all that much diving in Norway? It seems like due to temperature you'd need a dry suit and a bunch of gear beyond normal scuba, which sounds pretty intense, am I right?

Do you have the "Good Morning Vietnam" soundtrack?

Belated congratulations on your daughter by the way.
December 9th, 2003  
Redleg

Norway does have a lot of very good scuba diving sites.
The water in the North of Norway is very clear, and it's a lot of old WW2 shipwrecks to explore there.
But as you said, it's cold, so we need to use a thick drysuit in the winter....

I like best to dive abroad. been a couple of times in Sharm El Sheik in Egypt! I can recomend it to everyone who dives or want to start diving..
The water is warm and clear, and it's an enormous life under the water!
December 9th, 2003  
Redneck

A radiologist I used to work with in the Emergency Room was really into diving, and I believe she said she'd dove (or is it "dived" in this case?) at the same place in Egypt. Mentioned a whole passle of barracuda around there, sound like the same place? She also dove off of Thailand (where she was born) amid massive amounts of sea snakes, rumored to be the deadliest in the world, which her dive instructor didn't warn her about until after they had surfaced and several had swum through her hair. Myself, I stay away from the ocean, sharks are about the only thing I'm truly scared of, I wasn't raised around water and the thought of being unable to see, fight, or run away from a predator like those dang fish is pretty disturbing to me. Another reason not to join the Navy haha.
I am totally uninformed on this, but are the wrecks from the battle of Jutland accessible? I don't know what depth they are in or if they are protected as gravesites or anything.
--
Boots
December 9th, 2003  
Redleg

It's possible to Jutland, but you need special equipment and a lot of experience...
I think the shallowest of the wrecks is at 60m.

Here's a link to an article about a Jutland dive:
http://www.divernet.com/wrecks/jutland1000.htm
December 9th, 2003  
GuyontheRight

What's your daughter's name Redleg?
December 9th, 2003  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
What's your daughter's name Redleg?
Ida Cecilie.
December 9th, 2003  
GuyontheRight

Not a name we American use much, but hey, it sounds preety
December 9th, 2003  
Redneck

Ida is a pretty name, there actually are a couple ladies named Ida that go to my church.
Thanks for the info on Jutland, that looks really interesting, I've always found archaelogical sites fascinating, they're sort of the real time machine, not to be too cliche or cheesy about it.
December 13th, 2003  
Tessa

My interests..

Everything I can get on the car Saleen S7, Ford Granada, Ford Fiesta, Koenigsegg and Nissan, Mitshubishi, Subaru.

Politics as well, Mostly American politics and Russia politics.

I love streetracing, what can beat a adrenaline kick in 200+ km/h?

Going to study more to work with tattooing, (Or how the hell I should spell it ) I will work with cars as well, and have recently got a job as a model. I want to paint cars, not just paint them with one colour. I will make art on them, and tune them up. Nothing can beat getting dirty with a car.

No kids, Err, Don't intend to get one either.. Well not in a few years.

I love to read psychology! And I love to analyze people.

I love sketching art.

I love RolePlaying as well as a hobby, Mostly fantasy or Sci-fi.

Hmmm, I like to dance.. No, not some boring dance, This is exotic dance.

Or, Exotic is a nicer word for it.

Tequila races IS my favourite sport!

Drinking beer and watch soccer is one of my traits too, as well as watching golf.

Love to learn languages, I am oing to study Russian and Dutch for now.

Hmmm.. What else? Yeah, Err, I remember now! Hmm. I love palentology - Both to read and study.

I love to volounteer on help organisations..

And thats about it.. I will come back if I left anything out.

Heh..
December 13th, 2003  
Redneck

Dang.

Do you plan to work or have you already worked on trucks at all? Something to try if you're really into vehicles is boonie-bouncing/mud-bogging/off-roading. Especially if you're into mechanics because you're sure as shooting going to need pretty much a complete overhaul after a weekend of any of those haha. Lots of practice.

What's "roleplaying?" I've heard people mention it before but have no idea what it involves.
I dated an exotic dancer once, you need to watch out for those girls, they're a bit nuts, they'll try and corrupt you haha.