Murtha's an embarrassment the Democrats can't hide - Page 2

--
Murtha's an embarrassment the Democrats can't hide

June 2nd, 2007  
Chief Bones

Topic: Just to repeat myself (and make a point) .....

Am I the only person on this forum that thinks there's enough embarrassment to go around on both sides of the aisle?

Murtha IS an embarrassment (he is/was a hero) ... but ... GW Bush & D Cheney are bigger embarrassments than Murtha ever could be (and they don't have a hero's background to speak from).

Aside from their military backgrounds, why do you think that so many Republicans are trying to distance themselves from the Whitehouse and the dastardly duo (and Iraq), in preparation for the upcoming Presidential election? Monstrous, monstrous enbarrassment maybe???

It seems that everybody else on this forum is so partisan, that this topic is either white or black.

And as I said before ...
Quote:
"SORRY TO BURST YOUR BALLOON"
... it don't make a damn whether the politician is from the left or the right,
Quote:
"There is plenty of embarrassment to go around."
June 2nd, 2007  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
Am I the only person on this forum that thinks there's enough embarrassment to go around on both sides of the aisle?

Murtha IS an embarrassment (he is/was a hero) ... but ... GW Bush & D Cheney are bigger embarrassments than Murtha ever could be (and they don't have a hero's background to speak from).

Aside from their military backgrounds, why do you think that so many Republicans are trying to distance themselves from the Whitehouse and the dastardly duo (and Iraq), in preparation for the upcoming Presidential election? Monstrous, monstrous enbarrassment maybe???
You are not the only one who thinks this but I tend to think politics/politicians worldwide are an embarrassment personally I wouldn't trust any politician far enough to let them tell me the time.

As far as who is who in US politics well I have to say I have enough trouble stomaching my own politicians to really care about American ones.

Quote:
It seems that everybody else on this forum is so partisan, that this topic is either white or black.

And as I said before ... ... it don't make a damn whether the politician is from the left or the right,

Hehe yes well the only fun you can have on this board is having a good chuckle at the fanboy's and wannabes who take themselves so seriously as to think only one side can actually be right.

Trust me there will never be consensus in discussions on religion or politics and in both cases I tend to think that the less you know the easier they are to tolerate.
June 2nd, 2007  
therise21

here is an article about the democrats past 6 months in office. good reading.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/realclearpol...ats_quelle_sur
--
June 2nd, 2007  
bulldogg

The democrats are an embarassment that Murtha can't hide.

June 2nd, 2007  
phoenix80

^^^ funny
June 2nd, 2007  
mmarsh

Quote:

And as I said before ... ... it don't make a damn whether the politician is from the left or the right,

You are not alone. I am not a fan of Murtha, nor have I forgotten Murtha's involvement in ABSCAM. Just like Cunningham and Jefferson he's a crook too. But its hilarious for certain people to pick on *all* the current, most visible, or most controversial Democrats as being the source of all our problems without even bothering to mention the 10-Ton Elephant-in-the Room known as the Bush Administration.
August 3rd, 2007  
NavyCS

Quote:
(or mislead them into a confrontation with a foreign power which has NOT been justified, even after almost six years).
Actually the fact is the UN passed resolutions starting back after the first Gulf War that dictated inspections within Iraq regarding the producing and storing of WMD. Over the following 10 years the Iraqi government continued to evict, stall and thumb their nose at the resolutions. After 10 years of basically breaking world law the UN Security Council passed a resolution that placed a deadline on compliance - the deadline was not met, the world acted (lead by the US).

Once the Iraqi government was ousted the radical Muslims saw an opportunity and started to mass inside Iraq, in the beginning the terrorists could be felt everywhere in Iraq almost continuously.

One thing most people do not know is how big this is - our efforts are not concentrated in Iraq although it is what gets all the press. The Iraq situation is currently working in our favor due to the fact the radicals have been expending enormous resourses which did take away from their long term objective.

5 major world commerce choke points exist. Persian Gulf, Suez Canal, Panama Canal, West Coast of Africa, South Pacific. Each of those areas have had a build up of radical involvement, from the actions in the Philipines, the Horn of Africa and issues in Western Africa (we have increased our presents in each location, from building new bases to more frequent port visits). The radicals want to, if not control, disrupt the world commerce from those points. You may not know this but only about 6% of our imported oil currently comes from the middle east - one of our largest import percentages is from Western Africa.

We went into Iraq because the world had decided breaking the UN resolutions could go on no longer, taking the Iraqi governments word for it wasn't good enough. That would be like the police chasing a criminal with a gun into a house, the house gets surrounded and the police demand he throw the gun out but his reply is, "I flushed it" and the cops then reply, "Oh, OK", then pack up and leave (thats BS on any level). The radicals chose to make Iraq a battle field, concidering the big picture, I'm glad.
August 3rd, 2007  
Gator

UN Resolutions are up to the United Nations to enforce, not the United States of America acting Unilaterally.