MunitionsAirman Trivia - Page 3

--
Boots

March 10th, 2004  
Redneck

Well, my sources tell me that he was the highest ranking American officer to be killed in combat in American history.
Here's one of them, I'll put out more if neccesary, but if the standard is your source then I am prepared to live with that :

http://www.optcom2.com/pipermail/opt...23/011721.html

edit: re your last post, aside from General of the Army and President, there IS no higher rank than general.
March 10th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

if i don't get the answer i am looking for i will post it around 1200 hrs pacific standerd time

or in other words about an hour from now
March 10th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Redneck, Rose was the highest WW2 American killed by enemy fire. I forget but another Maj. or Lt. General (Dont know his name and too busy to fin out) was killed in in Bradly's campaign in France when his position was hit by B-25s.
--
Boots
March 10th, 2004  
Animal Mother

That would be Lt. General McNair you are refering to.

And for highest ranking US solider who lost his life in WW2 to hostile action would be Lt. General Buckner, who was in charge of US forces during the invasion of Okinawa.
March 10th, 2004  
Redneck

Well technically General George S. Patton was killed during WWII (1945 traffic accident in Germany), that would make him the highest ranking American killed during WWII.
March 11th, 2004  
Animal Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Well technically General George S. Patton was killed during WWII (1945 traffic accident in Germany), that would make him the highest ranking American killed during WWII.
Hardly combat though :P
March 11th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

That was after Germany surrendered, so it wasn't during the war
March 11th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother
Hardly combat though :P
Well technically, the question is only who was "killed," not who was killed in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
That was after Germany surrendered, so it wasn't during the war
Ever heard of a little country I like to call Japan?
March 11th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

But he wasn't in a combat zone, so it doesn't matter really. Wasn't he the Interim Govenor of Bavaria?
March 11th, 2004  
Redneck

I withdraw Patton, he died a month after V-J day, I had my dates mixed up, my apologies.