MunitionsAirman Trivia

if i don't get the answer i am looking for i will post it around 1200 hrs pacific standerd time

or in other words about an hour from now

Redneck, Rose was the highest WW2 American killed by enemy fire. I forget but another Maj. or Lt. General (Dont know his name and too busy to fin out) was killed in in Bradly's campaign in France when his position was hit by B-25s.

That would be Lt. General McNair you are refering to.

And for highest ranking US solider who lost his life in WW2 to hostile action would be Lt. General Buckner, who was in charge of US forces during the invasion of Okinawa.

Well technically General George S. Patton was killed during WWII (1945 traffic accident in Germany), that would make him the highest ranking American killed during WWII.

Redneck said:
Well technically General George S. Patton was killed during WWII (1945 traffic accident in Germany), that would make him the highest ranking American killed during WWII.

Hardly combat though :p

Animal Mother said:
Hardly combat though :p

Well technically, the question is only who was "killed," not who was killed in action. :lol:

GuyontheRight said:
That was after Germany surrendered, so it wasn't during the war

Ever heard of a little country I like to call Japan? ;)

Technically Franklin D. Roosevelt wasn't a soldier and didn't die in combat but you didn't specify that he had to die in combat, however, our Commander in Chief at the time did die of a cerebral hemorrhage on April 12, 1945 in Warm Springs, Georgia.

I'm not real sure the rank structure for a major gen. in the 1870's. But an interesting trivia note Major General Edward Richard Sprigg Canby was named army commander of the Department of the Columbia. He was later sent in 1873 to California for participation in the Modoc War. The Modocs, entrenched in Captain Jack's Stronghold south of Tule Lake, resisted army attacks so effectively that a peace conference was arranged. General Canby was shot and killed by Captain Jack of the Modocs on April 11, 1873, becoming the first, and only, general killed during the Indian Wars.

Congrats Animal mother you got the answer i was looking for...

The highest ranking American killed was Lt. Gen. Lesley McNair, killed by the US Army Air Corps. So much for allies...

NEW QUESTION

Who was the youngest ever U.S. Service man???

What was his name? How old was he? What branch of service was he in? What happened to him?

Possibly John Lincoln Clem also called Johnny Shilow he was around 10 (US Army) but I've seen stories of him actually joining but not recognized officially at the age of 8 1/2. He retired a Major General and attempted to re-enlist WWI but was denied, he died of old age in '37

Back