The Most important war in your countrys history - Page 11

--

February 27th, 2006  
zander_0633

WEll, The greatest war in My country is the WWII! The British named Singapore the " Impreganable Fortress" but yet, gave up the idea of city and street fighting and surrendered to the Japanese! Then we suffered hell for 2.5 years!
March 2nd, 2006  
chinese-canadian

China fought too many wars with others and among itself in its thousands years of history....

but i consider the unification war of Ch'in dynasty two thousands years ago was the most important war. For the first time in history, we got a picture of what was an united China look like.
March 2nd, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, That was the Qin Dynasty! Qin Shi Wang Unified China together! And he also built the Great wall of China too!
--
March 2nd, 2006  
chinese-canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander_0633
Well, That was the Qin Dynasty! Qin Shi Wang Unified China together! And he also built the Great wall of China too!
Yes, lots of historians use Ch'in as Qin now, cuz you know, people get confused by Qin and Qing
March 2nd, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, The americans did quite a lot of wars!
March 12th, 2006  
Vietnow

For mine (Chechenia, I live in Texas now) It is the war going on right now, which we are winning by the way!
March 12th, 2006  
zander_0633

Oh! Hope you win !
March 17th, 2006  
zhjsg

china have too many wars and tens of them have significant result to impact the direction of history. but for the recent 2 hundred years. i think it is the korea war. from then on, china is regarded as a powerful nation. though still it isnot a superpower.
March 18th, 2006  
zander_0633

I think is the WWII!
March 21st, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietnow
For mine (Chechenia, I live in Texas now) It is the war going on right now, which we are winning by the way!
Wouldn't make this a fine example of a Pyrric victory? If and when you win, who's left to celebrate the victory? I read something lately about the de-population of Checenia..... could you fill me in on this?