Most dangerous nation in the world - Page 4

--

November 26th, 2004  
rajkhalsa

Hi,

Despite what the UN literally describes as genocide committed against erstwhile East Pakistan (Bangladesh) by West Pakistan (Pakistan), resulting in the deaths of millions of civilians at the hands of the West Pakistani military in 1971 (and thus prompting India's intervention and liberation of Bangladesh), the political structure is sharply divided between the liberal, India-friendly Awami League party, which is formed from the various groups and parties that won Bangladesh's independence, and the right-wing Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), which, allied to the radical Islamist Jamaat-e-Islami parties, has strong control over the country. The BNP has a rather Islamist outlook as it is, but its pandering to the JeI has created an extremely dangerous situation.

The Bangladeshi economy is only limping along while population growth remains unchecked. This plus the literal yearly flooding of the entire Ganga/Brahmaputra delta upon which Bangladesh rests has retarded progress considerably. These and overcrowding pressures have forced millions of Bangladeshis illegally into India's West Bengal and Northeastern states, displacing entire native Indian populations, creating incredible ethnic and political tension in these areas. This, plus the extreme Islamist radicalization of these Bangladeshi illegals and the Bangladeshi population as a whole has led to the rise of tribal militants who commit dreadful atrocities against the Indian government itself, who rightfully see as soft on the issue of illegal immigration. I fear for the fate of the Hindu and Buddhist minorities in the hill areas of Bangladesh, who comprise 10% and rapidly dwindling of the population.

Circumstances make for strange bedfellows, and these terrorists now find safe haven in Bangladesh under whose, and Pakistani intelligence's protection and funding commit wanton terrorism against civilian targets in the Northeast.

Recently, the tiny Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan conducted an almost medieval-like war (with modern weapons) against the Bangladesh/Pakistan-backed terrorist groups who had vast jungle bases on their territory. Currently, Bhutan, India and now Burma, with a surprising newfound awe and friendship for India, are conducting joint action against these terrorist groups.

Hope this answers your question sufficiantly

Regards,
Raj
November 26th, 2004  
rajkhalsa

D'oh,
I realized I haven't really even answered your question!

Even if Bangladesh wanted to come to Pakistan's aid, there is no way it could. The Bangladeshi military is hardly much of a threat, and even then, they depend on Indian training and aid. If worst comes to worst, India will steamroll over that country in a matter of hours, instead of days like 197 1. But except to perhaps redraw borders, who the heck would want to inherit the problems of that mess of a country…
November 26th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Bangladesh is interesting, it is a very big country in fact. I believe it was part of India before right?
--
November 26th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Mostly interested in whether Bangladesh would try to jump in if Pakistan was neeing help. It would be stupid, but I'm not sure you can expect logic to completely enter into the equation. They would be sacrificing themselves with little or no chance of having much of an impact ... in a conventional war that is.

What I was mostly curious about is if Bangladesh still hates Pakistan too much to consider cooperation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Bangladesh is interesting, it is a very big country in fact. I believe it was part of India before right?
India, Pakistan and Bangladesh were once the same nation. When they split, Pakistan was formed as East Pakistan (Bangladesh) and West Pakistan. East Pakistan, through the intervention of India, gained their independence from West Pakistan, and is now Bangladesh.
November 26th, 2004  
SwordFish_13

Hi

Quote:
I believe it was part of India before right?
Yes when Pakistan too ws a part of india at that time ..............when the country was divided in 1945 it went to Pakistan ...........also called the easten pakistan.

Quote:
it is a very big country in fact
BIG ............. ............Didn't expeact that form a chinese to call bangladesh big

Locate it here

http://www.askasia.org/image/maps/asias1.htm

the small yellow thing betwee Myanmar and India is bangladesh..............i wouldn't call it big.

Memo to self : Increase you Typing Speed ........godofthunder9010's post wasent there when i started typing mine

Cheers
-=SF_13=-
November 26th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Thanks godofthunder9010.

I bet Bangladesh is not muslim, right?

OK, I just called CIA

Bangladesh:

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/bg.html

Population: 141,340,476 (July 2004 est.)

Religions: Muslim 83%, Hindu 16%, other 1% (1998)

God, also Muslims!
November 26th, 2004  
Xion

Bangladesh wouldn't even be free now if it weren't for India, who freed them from the Pakistani rule.But forgetting all that they are now targeting India itself by nurturing terrorist camps in their country.Theres also no stop to the Bangladeshi infiltration into India, there are about 10,000 bangladeshis living illegaly in the city which I am from.The authorities here pack them up and send them back to their country but the level of infiltration is so huge that they keep comin back.This tiny country has a population greater than Russia, how many of ya'll fainted ?...so for the bangla authorities its good the more ppl they get rid of from their country.
Btw Bangladesh is not a vey big country, area of about approx. 1.5 lakh sq.km surrounded by three sides from India wouldn't take much time to occupy in case of a war with Pakistan , with Bangladeshis supporting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
What I was mostly curious about is if Bangladesh still hates Pakistan too much to consider cooperation
I know its weird but they still do like pakistan, thats how muslim brotherhood is,also they will support any country which is anti-India.And its not even too many years they got independence, just about in 1972...and now they are challenging India itself without whom they wouldn't even exist in the first place.
November 27th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Thanks SwordFish_13 too.

You were indeed slower than thunder

Well I mean BIG I mean their population.
But I NEVER realized the country is soo small compared to India, must be a very high population density.
November 27th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Thanks godofthunder9010.

I bet Bangladesh is not muslim, right?
You don't seem to fully understand why Pakistan was setup to begin with. East and West Pakistan were supposed to be havens for Muslims to gather to. India was supposed to be for the Hindus to gather to.

It didn't work out very well IMO.
November 27th, 2004  
Xion

http://www.overpopulation.com/faq/co...angladesh.html

Code:
If there is any place in the world population doomsayers could point to in favor of their scenarios, that place would be Bangladesh. The most densely populated nation state on the planet as of 1993, Bangladesh somehow squeezes 115 million people into a mere 55,126 square miles (about the size of Wisconsin.) As one writer on Bangladesh puts it, to achieve that level of population density in the United States would require that the entire world’s population live within the continental United States.