More liberal lunacy!!!

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Dr. Savage is right.
Liberalism is a mental disorder!!

Littleton Parents Decry Statue of Navy SEAL With Gun

Parents in Littleton, Colo., the site of one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history, are outraged about the placement and image of a statue honoring a local fallen Navy SEAL.
Parents say that a statue made in honor of Navy SEAL Danny Dietz, which depicts the soldier with an automatic rifle in his hands, praises violence in a location near three schools and two playgrounds, according to the Denver Post.
Click here for the Denver Post story.
"I don't think young children should be exposed to that in that way — unsupervised by their parents or any adults," said Emily Cassidy, one of the mothers, reported the Post.
Littleton city officials say the protests are too late, as the statue has already been cast.
Dietz, 25, and three other Navy SEALS were killed in Afghanistan in June 2005 after they were ambushed by Al Qaeda guerrillas. Dietz was proclaimed a hero after he reportedly fought off attackers while severely wounded so a fellow team member could escape.
(Story continues below)

Dietz’s family is surprised at the controversy.
"It broke our hearts. My son was fighting for her freedom to do exactly what she is doing," said his father, Dan Dietz, referring to those who are protesting the statue. "She put my son in the same category as Columbine. How does she have the audacity to do that?"
Two Columbine High School seniors went on a bloody shooting rampage on April 20, 1999, slaughtering 12 students and a teacher before killing themselves.

Makes one want to start an anti-everything liberal movement eh? I am all for folks voicing their opinions but for pete's sake. . a memorial is just that. Perhaps the parents, instead of saying it is wrong, they should take their children by the statue and teach them about sacrifice and courage and all the intangibles that most of the youth of today seems to be lacking.

What does this have to do with liberalism? Nothing is this story mentions liberalism or even politics in general. And FYI, Colorado is a conservative RED state, so blaming liberalism is just plain lame.

It sounds more like the town wanting to erase any reminder of the worst day of that town's history. You people might find this surprising, but not everybody is as fond to recall violent memories, regardless of its origin. This is especially true from those that have suffered from it. Obviously the town finds the statue painful, and there really isn't any reason it couldn't be moved elsewhere.

Do I agree with the towns opinion? No I don't. But that the town that has suffered enough. Its their decision, so I leave them to it.

If some people cannot figure out thats its extremely rude to make politics out of other peoples grief then they need to grow a heart.

Last edited:
Reread the article. The reference to the schools and the Columbine shooting is a sideline. Unfortunately I can not open the Denver Post article. But I was about 3 miles or so away from Columbine when that happened.

There have been statues of heroic warriors for ages, why stop building them now just because we use firearms instead of swords? Are the PC police that insane?

Last edited:
Ah I love people running around with their head up their arse....

Too much damn free time and I bet she voted for Kerry / Edwards

-edit

Mmarsh where do you suggest moving the statue to somewhere that isn't the hometown of where that soldier grew up?

Last edited:
Reread the article. The reference to the schools and the Columbine shooting is a sideline. Unfortunately I can not open the Denver Post article. But I was about 3 miles or so away from Columbine when that happened.

If you read the article (once your browser is working) it says that its brought by parents who think the statue is too close to 3 different schools. Littleton isn't San Fransisco, If Columbine hadn't happened, do you think their would be any fuss?

I seriously doubt it.

I don't think anyone is against the Statue per se, its the choice of its location is what at issue.

If you read the article (once your browser is working) it says that its brought by parents who think the statue is too close to 3 different schools. Littleton isn't San Fransisco, If Columbine hadn't happened, do you think their would be any fuss?

I seriously doubt it.

I don't think anyone is against the Statue per se, its the choice of its location is what thats at issue.

How about they show some gratitude to the man from their town that made the ultimate sacrifice and got over the columbine incident, dwelling on it still is not going to change the fact that it happened. And the best thing to do is to move on.

I still don't get why they would be upset, mmarsh. It's not like it's a statue of the Columbine shooters. :m16shoot:

People react to violence differently. But its especially traumatic when it involves the death of children.

Let me tell you a true story.

I was a software salesmen in NYC 10 years ago. I had this customer who had emigrated to the USA from Israel. When he was with the IDF he served as an Isreali Sniper. He once told me that the worst thing he ever experianced was watching a person face get blown apart through his rifle's scope. Thats all he would say about the IDF.

The thing was, that he made in a point to removal all violence from every aspect of his family's life. I ran the computer games section, and I had to ONLY recommend games for his family that had ZERO violence. When I say zero, I mean things like chess, car racing (crashes) violent sports (hockey, football) were off this guys list.

Obviously even the smallest reminders, no matter how remote, can trigger powerful memories. This is especially true to any parent that has lost a child.

Donkey

There are different ways to show gratitude for those that have died in uniform then have a memorial. And as I said, its not the statue but rather its location thats is their problem.

I don't completely understand it either, but then again, I am not from Littleton. If they don't want it than thats fine. Nobody should be made to have a statue in their township if they don't want one. Its a free country.

And blaming liberals for their decision is just plain stupid.

Last edited:
It isn't anyone's fault. But the bottom line, to me, is, well...

It's a STATUE. It's a gun. People don't get furious when they see a religious statue or painting with nudity in it.

Okay, not the best example. But do you understand my point? It is a statue of a gun. And if you're going to go out and attack someone because you see it, you've been naturally selected to end soon anyway.

And how is this liberalist?

What does this have to do with liberalism? Nothing is this story mentions liberalism or even politics in general. And FYI, Colorado is a conservative RED state, so blaming liberalism is just plain lame.

WRONG, its a red conservative state BUT Denver, Fort Collins, Boulder etc are very BLUE and bastions of liberal thought... like islands of insanity in a sea of intelligence. :)

It's a statue of a fallen hero grasping a weapon he was trained to defend his country with. Nothing more than that end of story. Location? It should stay there. Teach those damn kids some honor and respect. The parents shouldn't be worried about the gun-toting statue; more like the gun-toting actors on TV where they don't supervise their kids. Or the drugs being passed around school. Columbine was a tragedy, but these parents need to get over it and stop finding random scapegoats.

It isn't anyone's fault. But the bottom line, to me, is, well...

It's a STATUE. It's a gun. People don't get furious when they see a religious statue or painting with nudity in it.

va0041490.jpg

I have read the Denver Post article finally.

If the statue and it's development was as public as it states then these poeple have no leg to stand on. Tell them to get more involved in their community so they can have a voice in things like this in the future. If the parents have such an issue with it they should be proactive. Take their children to the statue and teach them what it is there for and what it is commemorating.

I used to live in Northglenn and worked all over the Denver Metro area including Littleton, Arvada, Brighton, Westminster, Aurora, Denver proper, etc and even had some friends from Boulder (I worked for QWest, the local phone company) so I feel qualified to make the statement below:

Almost everyone I have met when I worked in Denver was self involved until someone else called their attention to a "Worthy Cause". Then it became "the worst thing since. . . " or "this is not right. . . " or "what kind of person would do . . . ". These same people would not otherwise give you the time of day to return and "howdy". Yet here they are moaning and complaining aout something that has not been kept a secret. Something that HAS to be public records because it is using public funds (if I am not mistaken).

MMarsh, they oppose the image AND the location. . . . odd isn't it?

Follow up articles reveal:
"This has turned into such an adversarial and hate-filled thing, I'm not going to be part of what's going on," Cuesta said.
Denver Post Article

If she had felt so strongly why is she seemingly backing out now. No commitment. Meaning she wasn't as "all about it" as she thought she was.

Furthermore read some of the opinions of others . .
Denver Post Blog

You people are not getting the whole story… I live in the Condominium complex where this statue is proposed to be erected. The land that the City chose does not belong to the City! It belongs to our complex! If a child were hurt playing on a statue, we would be held legally liable. Another thing that you people who call us “dorks” don’t understand is that the homeowners of this complex granted an easement to the City to build a picnic area 6 years ago. They haven’t even begun to honor the terms of their proposal. Now it appears that they are trying to take this land right out from under us. It’s not an issue about honoring our fallen heroes. It’s about the location. There are alot of kids around here that we as a community are responsible for keeping safe. If you name callers feel so stongly about this, why don’t you call up the City and have them erect it in your own back yard?

Some things just don't jive here. You have several different issues here and no one is standing tall for any of it. Apparently they are Sheep. Make noise and get the attention of the Wolf and expect the Sheepdog to cover their arses.

EDIT: Well I did a little Paint schematic of how close the schools are and such just so people could see how everything was laid out. Can't copy it to this. . /sigh.
P.EDIT: I got it !!!!

Attachments

• CALN926L.GIF
    CALN926L.GIF
    15.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
In an area of the Country and in the same State that did this...

Peace sign Christmas wreath Banned

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15912456/
... nothing is sacred, nothing is safe from being banned one day.... it does not surprise me that much.

Takes a little of the wonder out of my mind as to why the Children in such an area grow up defective and then on e day start shooting people in school.

Oh, :cen: liberals. I'm just sick of hearing from the :cen:ing liberals.

So, that's why Austin, Texas doesn't has statues with guns. Because of :cen:ing liberals, I suppose.

Back