Is More To Come?

... The absolute first thing that I'd like to see, is the total removal of that stupid and totally irrelevant piece of drivel "Waltzing Matilda" from any links with the Australian people. It makes me want to vomit every time I hear it.

HERESY :)

I dunno that I'd say we were the "greatest" nation, but, I do think we should be justifiably proud of the greatest part of our heritage.

Other than that. Yes,... The absolute first thing that I'd like to see, is the total removal of that stupid and totally irrelevant piece of drivel "Waltzing Matilda" from any links with the Australian people. It makes me want to vomit every time I hear it.

Hehe well I am pleased with your choice and I will happily consign the Haka to the same fate, I used to really love seeing it when it was an infrequent event but now it seems everyone from the All Blacks to national tidily winks team has to do it at every possible occasion.

It's yours,... now please take control of it or have it put down.:smile:

Hehe well I am pleased with your choice and I will happily consign the Haka to the same fate, I used to really love seeing it when it was an infrequent event but now it seems everyone from the All Blacks to national tidily winks team has to do it at every possible occasion.
Yes, I used to be most impressed by it, but I must admit that, like Waltzing Matilda, it's been absolutely flogged to death and is now starting to smell.

Last edited:
Aw c'mon - you unpatriotic whingers. My party piece , apart from 'Buddy can you spare a dime' that is, has always been performing the Haka whilst singing Waltzing Matilda. Then I like to give a short lecture in Aussie dialect about my time in NZ as a young man.

That's what I call reality culture.:lol:

G'day Blue. (see what I did there?)

I think you have missed the point completely, I cant afford to go out and fight the Imams because the second I turn my back the Christians, Catholics, Mormons and Jehovah's Witness will be attempting to do exactly the same as the Imams want to do.

Do not assume that I do not regard Islam as a threat to my way of life but do understand that I do not think that "Christianity" and all its half baked offshoots are any less of a threat to that way of life or to be direct I don't want any religion imposing its views on the populace.

Notwithstanding the negatives that are part of Christianity's 2,000 year history, would you prefer to live in a Europe or world pre-Christian? When some secularists use the phrase "way of life" and when you ask them to be more specific about what they mean, then what they describe, oft times, is that which has been directly or indirectly been brought about by or introduced by Christianity.

Notwithstanding the negatives that are part of Christianity's 2,000 year history, would you prefer to live in a Europe or world pre-Christian? When some secularists use the phrase "way of life" and when you ask them to be more specific about what they mean, then what they describe, oft times, is that which has been directly or indirectly been brought about by or introduced by Christianity.
Can't see muslim fanatics running roughshod over druids so don't knock all things pre-christianity. There's much to be said for exterminating your enemies without all the guilt induced by 'thou shalt not kill'.
:firedevi:

Yeah but that is a bit disingenuous as I would suggest that if you asked people whether they would prefer:

1) Pre-Christian Europe.
2) Europe when Christianity was at the height of its power 600-1500AD
3) Renaissance Europe 1500 AD onward.

Most people myself included would take option 3.

The fact is that until the west moved religion from being an institution of power to a personal choice we made no progress what so ever, when religion is dominant in society (and it doesn't matter what religion) you have nothing but stagnation and misery.

You just have to look at the countries today that maintain religion as a guiding force in government and you generally find the third world.

Can't see muslim fanatics running roughshod over druids so don't knock all things pre-christianity. There's much to be said for exterminating your enemies without all the guilt induced by 'thou shalt not kill'.
:firedevi:

When did "Thou shalt not kill" ever slow up the Crusades or the Inquisition?

I'd opt for #1 and buy some blue body paint and live north of the shetlands.

As for the crusades, didn't slow them down but it did contribute to a lot of post crusade angst. I know Ron Perlman and Nicholas Cage were pretty torn up about what they did.

Back