moral/political discussion - Page 8

--
moral/political discussion

May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

SuiCIDE and homiCIDE. Same root...Strange, no?
May 1st, 2007  
philam15

We could argue all night, but it seems like we're both not budging....so I'll say it one last time, suicide is NOT murder, and that's my final word on this.
May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

And as long as that's ALL you keep saying...It makes your argument no more legitimate...Now, people like lcplsmith who are actually arguing, not just whining, I can deal with...But its a little hard to fight something that doesn't say anything to back up their claims.
--
May 1st, 2007  
LCPLSMITH

Haha as long as we all agree suicide is utterly unacceptable and selfish, and NEVER justified, than I think were all straight shooters, and hard charging straight shooters are good to go in my book.
May 1st, 2007  
Fox

Henderson, I just can't understand why you think suicide is MURDER? To me, no, it ain't. Suicide is suicide.
May 1st, 2007  
Grimlin

well, suicide may be viewed as wrong, but if someone really wants to end their lives, who can tell them 'no, you have to live'
May 1st, 2007  
LCPLSMITH

I believe they should have the moral fortitude to tell themselves "no". However, those who recognize the symptoms I think have a moral obligation to speak up about it and find that individual help.
May 1st, 2007  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLSMITH
Haha as long as we all agree suicide is utterly unacceptable and selfish, and NEVER justified, than I think were all straight shooters, and hard charging straight shooters are good to go in my book.
I don't agree with that at all.

Suicide (Euthanasia) is perfectly acceptable to me as long as the person A) wishes it B) the condition is both untreatable and/or Terminal or if the patient suffers without end.
May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
I don't agree with that at all.

Suicide (Euthanasia) is perfectly acceptable to me as long as the person A) wishes it B) the condition is both untreatable and/or Terminal or if the patient suffers without end.
Euthanasia isn't suicide...Euthanasia is more murder than suicide is...Suicide without help is wrong, but having someone ELSE do it for you...That's just the epitome.
May 1st, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
And as long as that's ALL you keep saying...It makes your argument no more legitimate...Now, people like lcplsmith who are actually arguing, not just whining, I can deal with...But its a little hard to fight something that doesn't say anything to back up their claims.
And where is it said that any person has to backup their own beliefs?

Wake up!!! it is his belief therefore of course it is correct to him , end of story.

You argue like a pair of Philadelphia Lawyers over NOTHING, it is a personal decision and does not have to be justified. Like I don't like broccolli, but I do not have to justify that fact, it is just that,.... a fact. Like suicide is suicide and rootbeer is rootbeer. Get over it!!

Now, both of you, go to your rooms.