Military question (minnesota a primary target?)

sinister357

if there was a war in the united states, would minnesota be considered one of the primary targets? reason i ask is i had an argument with a friend and he is saying mn would be because we have the largest stockpile of military weapons and supplies here because it is centrally located in the country. the largest - is that true? i live right by the airport and i did noticed a section is off limit to the public and civilian aircrafts but i can see nothing more then a few hummers and cargo trucks. what can they possible store so much there - unless theres is another location i'm not aware of, but thats what he's fererring to. even so, i would think there is other higher priorty targets such as missile silos, aircraft hangers ect, around the neighboring states such as north, south dakota and others. i just find it hard to believe it would be here because i dont see much happening like i do in other states. there is alot more activities elses where. fighter planes, stealth bombers... i've seen those in nebraska. well, thanks for taking your time to read this and hopefully we will be able to resolve this dispute with your help.

sorry. i was quick to post and didn't realize it was in the wrong section.

War in the US - Minnesota a target?

Considering that there is only one nation in the world with enough troops under arms to even consider an assault on the US mainland - China - I think it's very unlikely that Minnesota will come under an attack due to whatever military assets may lie there. And if China were to attack with troops on the ground, my guess is military hardware in Minnesota might be way down on our priority list.

So enjoy your life, and don't sweat it.

sinister357 said:
if there was a war in the united states, would minnesota be considered one of the primary targets? reason i ask is i had an argument with a friend and he is saying mn would be because we have the largest stockpile of military weapons and supplies here because it is centrally located in the country. the largest - is that true? i live right by the airport and i did noticed a section is off limit to the public and civilian aircrafts but i can see nothing more then a few hummers and cargo trucks. what can they possible store so much there - unless theres is another location i'm not aware of, but thats what he's fererring to. even so, i would think there is other higher priorty targets such as missile silos, aircraft hangers ect, around the neighboring states such as north, south dakota and others. i just find it hard to believe it would be here because i dont see much happening like i do in other states. there is alot more activities elses where. fighter planes, stealth bombers... i've seen those in nebraska. well, thanks for taking your time to read this and hopefully we will be able to resolve this dispute with your help.

sorry. i was quick to post and didn't realize it was in the wrong section.

Ya, the Dakota's and Kansas are more likey to be targets, but more likey for a nuclear stike. I think the place at the airport your talking about is probably a NG center.

Back