Military Power In The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just me but I really don't believe the percentage of the population that was puffin the reefer had much to do with anything. The war lost popular support from alot of quarters,not just tokers.

According to that site my country seems really strong. (In fact it is strong ;)) So some of you may think it a reason for why this site is not so reliable :) But the numbers they give, may be true. Don't know what to say about the other nations.

I agree after looking at some figures i think it's ''messed up'' soi change the question who do you think is the strongest, i know we have had this question beforebut how about backing it up with some numbers and facts?

There are lots of topics about that. If you make a search about Top Armies or else you will see the topics on that and you will realize that noone could be able to put an end to these topics. Lots of ideas and so on . Have a look at them.

Purely in a military standpoint, the US is still ahead by a good margin.
But war is not simply a matter of military might.

Purely in a military standpoint, the US is still ahead by a good margin.
But war is not simply a matter of military might.

From an analytical point of view your argument lacks supporting data as the US has not fought anyone of significance to validate the statement.

We certainly know their equipment and training is better than Soviet 1970s gear but I would suggest that fighting a bunch of Iraqis outside Baghdad is hardly the same as fighting the British outside London or the Germans in Berlin.

I would suggest that the more accurate answer is that we really don't know, certainly the US military is a well equipped and trained force but then so are many other armies therefore we cannot determine who is best with such a limited data set.

The US is well equipped, trained and experienced and is significantly larger than any of the countries that can match its quality.
That's what I base it on.
Also its strategic reach is pretty much unparalleled.
True, fighting Germans around Berlin and fighting Australians around Sydney (I know it's not your capital but what the heck) isn't the same as fighting Iraqis around Baghdad. But contrarily try thinking of any Army in the world taking on the US military in the outskirts of New York.

Last edited:
I am just stoked at how much money we have to spend on defense. I guess we have prefected the military industrialized complex, and its workings.

The US is well equipped, trained and experienced and is significantly larger than any of the countries that can match its quality.
That's what I base it on.
Also its strategic reach is pretty much unparalleled.
True, fighting Germans around Berlin and fighting Australians around Sydney (I know it's not your capital but what the heck) isn't the same as fighting Iraqis around Baghdad. But contrarily try thinking of any Army in the world taking on the US military in the outskirts of New York.

Once again there is simply insufficient data to determine how these battles would go, I am not saying that the US military would not end up at the top of the heap I am just saying there are no valid comparisons to automatically put them there.

True, fighting Germans around Berlin and fighting Australians around Sydney (I know it's not your capital but what the heck)

Best of all its not even my country.

:)

All the Mexicans in the world can relocate to the US and they'll still be a minority. We aren't Japan, in twenty years the kids of these immigrants will be every bit as American as, those of use whose family have been here for 150 years. Everybody here is descended from immigrants.

This is most embarrassing.

All the Mexicans in the world can relocate to the US and they'll still be a minority. We aren't Japan, in twenty years the kids of these immigrants will be every bit as American as, those of use whose family have been here for 150 years. Everybody here is descended from immigrants.

This is not necessarily true.
There's tons of immigrant children or 2nd generation who can't speak proper English.
And there's also regular American kids who seem to have the same problem.
Then there are those kids who can't really speak Spanish, but speak in a Mexican accent. What's up with that?

Last edited:
5 years. Been there for 9/11 too. In DC.
Once I was in New York... went for about fifteen or twenty minutes. Must have heard like at least three different languages. None English.
If you insist that I'm THAT wrong though I'll drop it here. You've lived there longer so I'm sure you probably know better. I've met my share of coconuts and a few guys who no hablo ingles.
Plus, there are TONs of Korean-Americans whose true loyalties lie on the other side of the Pacific. They often have the "I'm more Asian than you are" debates but really they're a bunch of twinkies who think eating rice with soy sauce on it is being Korean (no one eats rice like that in Korea). And the way I see it, every group is different, every group is the same.

Last edited:
That explains it, I was actually going to mention New York as a special case before I changed my post to ask that question first. New York and London are the two most diverse cities in the world, there are whole districts of each city that don't speak English. In Minneapolis, MN the light rail uses four different languages for instructions, two of them are dialects from Sudan. All the big cities in America will have sizable populations that speak only enough English to get through their daily lives, but their children, who are speaking English in school and their parent's native language at home, are speaking English most of the time just fine.

There are kids who speak with a southern accent too, it's all in what they're around. If I go down to Texas for a year I'll probably come back speaking with a drawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back