the Middle East Conflict: Which side is the agressor? - Page 5

--

September 28th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Well It's a bit hard to carry a topic when the answer is so obvious.
September 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

well, to be honest with you, my dulling-partner dosent want to play anymore...Maybe Ill lock it...
September 28th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Well It's a bit hard to carry a topic when the answer is so obvious.
What do you mean? You mean Israel is obviously the aggressor so no need to carry on the Topic more?
--
September 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

You got some argumants for that...? Cause I willore than gladly debate it the death...
September 28th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

No, the other way around. Isreal has made some bad moves, but it is the good guy in this struggle.
September 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

I believe our friend was being cynical.
September 28th, 2004  
Damien435

My bad FF, I assumed that you were talking about the Chinese view of this conflict, not that I can understand why China would be anti-semitic (technically that term means anti-arab but the true definition has long since been lost in history) with Israel in the game Muslim troops have a clear enemy to focus on, where as if Israel was removed the Muslims could focus on India, then it would be a toss up between Turkey, North Africa, or China.

This is a bit off topic but still interesting.

Has anybody here ever read the Ender's game series? Well in one of the spinoffs called Shadow Puppets. Basically what happens is a bunch of kids were bred to be military geniouses, after they win the war against the "Buggers" the whole world goes to hell. India invades the South East Asian Countries. All of their forces are over teh borders and the Chinese invade. Almost without any fighting the Chinese defeat India. So now China controls over 10 Billion people. Using superior training and tactics the Muslim League, with Israel a member and only 3 billion people, invades China, on horseback and foot at first so that the Muslim troops can penetrate deep into China before they realise that it is actually an organized Foreign military. So basically the Caliph unites the Muslim League and they defeat China when the rest of the world sat on their hands. Interesting series Ender's Game is, I am reading the first book for the 5th time, it is great.
October 2nd, 2004  
bonnieblue716

It's surprising to me, that no one has put the story of how the Christians feel on this topic, out of all four pages. We believe that this all started when Sara wanted to have a child, and though God had promised to give her a child in His own time, she got impatient and sent Abraham into her maidservant Hagar. The resulting child was Ishmale. Shortly there after Sara gave birth to Isaac, just as the Lord had promised she would. Sara then decided that Ishmale would never inherit the riches of her true son Isaac, and sent Hagar and Ishmale away. And so it began, the Jews the descendents of Isaac, and the Arabs the descendents of Ishmale. While our minister's always preach on how God has a plan and we must wait patiently on His will to be done, I think they often miss the point of this story. The whole point is that in the end the two brothers came together to burry their father. Anyway that was about 73 million years ago. And most Christians believe (everyone has a little bit different interpretation) that we will never see peace in the Middle East, because the Anti-Christ is going to restore the peace, after the Rapture. I therefore don't really have an opinion on which side is the aggressor, and since I don't live over there, I usually don't pay it much attention. Neither side is truly going to be satisfied and live in peace, until long after I'm gone.

Oh and think what you like of me, y'all will probably think i'm just another westerner trying to cram my religion down you throat, and that's ok, you can think that, it doesn't bother me, and frankly you have that right. I just wanted to bring the Christian side in on it, since there are four pages of replies and no one had mentioned it. I respect both religions, (Jewdism and Muslim) They're both very peaceful religions, and the Muslim religion has gotten a bad reputation due to a few extremist. I reccently heard a really good analogoy of this topic, or one that at least the Americans can identify with. Extremists are to Muslim as the KKK is to Christanity. I don't judge a whole religion or group of people, based on a few people, and I really try not to judge at all. OK that's all the preaching an 18 yr old can do this early in the morning, I haven't even had breakfast yet.
October 2nd, 2004  
Damien435

You have to take an AP World History course to have religion crammed down your throat. That is all my teacher does in that class, she keeps saying we should read the Hebrew Bible and Karan (I chose the easiest spelling), not because of their religious iimportance, but because they are the history of their respective people's, or so she says.

I think that the US, Britain, France, and Germany are duty bound to see that the Middle East concflict sees through to a peaceful end, if that means that they have to use force against Israel also, so be it, but those four above mentioned nations all had a very important role in the creation of the jewish state and they are responsible to see that Israel and the Arab Nations come through without destroying each other. Kind of funny, Jerusalem is the holyest city in the world, the birth place of Christianity and Judaism and the holyest cite outside of Mecca for the Muslims. BUT I feel that the muslims should have the least to say about what happens to Jerusalem. They knew that it was the home of Judaism, they knew what they were doing when they built the Dome of the Rock, they made the choice to essentially start this war when they built that shrine on the Wailing Wall. Christians were heavily persecuted, I don't see how the Romans can take all the blame for Jesus' death, the Jews had made the choice to have him killed also, but under Roman law they were unable to make that choice and had to ask the Romans for permission. That is my understanding of the Situation, that is not based on the bible, not based on the Hebrew Bible, it is based on the information I have seen on TV and the internet.
October 2nd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Alright, alright....Religion is a definit no-no in this topic....It has done nothing positive for this conflict. However, you stated somethings that are inaccurate, so let me respond:
Quote:
the birth place of Christianity and Judaism and the holyest cite outside of Mecca for the Muslims
Jerusalem is not the birthplace of judaisem, but it is the hlyest olace to the Jews. It is not the 2nd holy city of Islam, it is the 3rd(1- Mecca.2-Medina, 3 Jerusalem).

Quote:
BUT I feel that the muslims should have the least to say about what happens to Jerusalem. They knew that it was the home of Judaism, they knew what they were doing when they built the Dome of the Rock, they made the choice to essentially start this war when they built that shrine on the Wailing Wall
The Muslims were not intrested in Jewsih sentiment at the time. The Jews were scattered all over and no one could have gussed that the Jews would have such a massive national-awawaning....The war is not between Judaisem and Islam. It is between the Israeli Jews and the Arabs. There is no conflict between Islam and Jewdaism. Infact the 2 religions are much closer to each other in beliefs and structure than to Christianity.

Quote:
Christians were heavily persecuted, I don't see how the Romans can take all the blame for Jesus' death, the Jews had made the choice to have him killed also, but under Roman law they were unable to make that choice and had to ask the Romans for permission. That is my understanding of the Situation, that is not based on the bible, not based on the Hebrew Bible, it is based on the information I have seen on TV and the internet.
What dose that have to do with anything? It has nothing to do with the conflict. Surely the Jews today have nothing to do with the Jewsih nobility in Jerusalem 2000 years ago...? Completely irrelevant to the current Middle East conflicts.