the Middle East Conflict: Which side is the agressor? - Page 4

--

September 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
But the public view in the world is that Israel is the aggressor.

It is also not for nothing the the anti-Jews sentiment is growing fast in Europe again.
Really, tell us than, why is it?
September 28th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Really, tell us than, why is it?
It is true. The true Europeans think so too, let alone the Muslim population is getting bigger and bigger in Europe.

They have been many attacks to Jews in news reports, including the graves.
September 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

I did not question the fact that anti-semetisem is on the rise, I asked why....The ansawer is not too obvious to me...Oh well, thats an off-toppic...But there were anti-semites in Euorope much before there was an Arab-Israeli conflict.
--
September 28th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
But the public view in the world is that Israel is the aggressor.

It is also not for nothing the the anti-Jews sentiment is growing fast in Europe again.
OR......

That is the public view in China, in America the arabic states are the agressors, the UN divided Palestine into a Jewish section (Israel) and the Palestinian section (Jordan? West Bank? I thought Jordan was part of British controlled Palestine, why didn't that become the Palestinian state?)

Perhaps the UN should have approached the Palestinians and Arabs with their plan to create a Jewish state and let them have an active role in it's creation, instead of just saying "This is how it's gonna be, if you don't like it to bad."

I don't know, I have always considered the Arabs the aggressors, but then again that is because Israel was attacked by 6 Arab countries the day it declared it's Independence, seems to me like a clear act of aggression.
September 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Jordan? West Bank? I thought Jordan was part of British controlled Palestine, why didn't that become the Palestinian state
Not really...It was given to the Hashem family as reward for their support of the brits...
September 28th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Quote:
Jordan? West Bank? I thought Jordan was part of British controlled Palestine, why didn't that become the Palestinian state
Not really...It was given to the Hashem family as reward for their support of the brits...
I see, was Lebanon part of the British Mandate of Palestine then or the Frence Mandate?
September 28th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
OR......

That is the public view in China
Completely wrong. In China Israel enjoys a very good public view among public, and anti-Semitism does not exist in China at all.
September 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Well,not too many Jews leave there...By the way Flyingfrog is correct. My father said the Chinese were extremely nice to him when he was there...

Lebanon was under French rule.
September 28th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Well,not too many Jews leave there...By the way Flyingfrog is correct. My father said the Chinese were extremely nice to him when he was there...

Lebanon was under French rule.
A Chinese ambassador in Gemany issued 3000 visa's to Jews in Germany there and they all went to China before/during the war, and this Chinese was rewarded by Israeli government few years ago (although he was already dead long time ago).
September 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Yes, Ive heard about that...This is kind of off-tppic...