Mexican Armed Forces pictures.

--

October 30th, 2004  
G.A.F.E.S.

Topic: Mexican Armed Forces pictures.

Hi. Since we lost the other WORLD MILITARY PICTURES topic, I decided to put my own. So here are some pictures from my country that i would like to share with the international community.

MEXICAN MARINE CORPS.

militaryphotos.net
October 30th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Good pix.

Maybe G.A.F.E.S. you can post some short info about the size of Mexican armed forces, and main jet and navy and MBT and main rifles etc? And involvement in international conflicts etc?
October 30th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

What is Mexico's MBT of choice? I hadn't seen many pics posted by anyone with any tanks at all, but there seems to be a lot of 6 wheel armored vehicles in the pix from Mexico Armed Forces.
--
October 30th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Do you use a lot of russian technology, like the Mi-17 in the pictures or is mostly american/western european technology being used. I think you posted before that the G36 was meant to replance the M-16s, is this still happening?
October 30th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

They look like American troops.
October 30th, 2004  
G.A.F.E.S.

Hi.

Ok. To start, the Mexican Army doesn't have MBT, it only has light armoured vehicles. Right now I would consider the ERC-90 Lynx our ''main battle tank.'' We have a variation of modified wheeled armored vehicles and some track armored vehicles.

The armored vehicles that appear in the pictures are russian BTR-80 APC .
The Navy Secretariat (including Naval Air and Marines) has buy russian technology in the last couple of years. Recently, they received 50 URAL trucks, and a couple of more Mi-17s. They are planing to buy Mi-24 HIND from Russia.

The Navy Secretariat main assault rifle is the M16A1/A2, and they are not planing to replace it. The National Defense Secretariat is the one that is going to replace the G3 for the G36 modern assault rifle.The National Defense Secretariat (including Army and Air Force) and
Navy Secretariat (including Naval Air and Marines) are totally independent from each other , each one receives their own budget and they decide what to buy.

As aditional information. The mx marines were using onother uniform similar to the woodland . Im not sure if they are still using it. You can see it in one of the pictures above.

saludos.
October 30th, 2004  
G.A.F.E.S.

Topic: more

Pictures from gettyimages.com

Pictures in general where the mx armed forces apear.

Recent Military Parade celebrating independence day sep 16.

Prime minister from Japan & historical russian President Putin visit to Mexico. Here you can see the Presidential Guards and Heroic Military School cadets .

MX Marines . Pictures from 1998.

Mexican Soldiers back in 1944.

Army fighting the Ezln guerrilla in the Chiapas Conflict 1994.

Chiapas ezln guerrilla.

Mx Army in operations against organized crime.

More pictures...

October 30th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Is there a lot of co-operation between the navy and national defence secretariat, or is them being seperate bodies cause logistical/supply problems. Is there a higher overall body, like a ministry of defence or is the president he top of both seperatly.
October 30th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Awesome pix. The info you supplied is good.
October 30th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Good stuff.
The "GI" type helmet seems to be coming very standard throughout the world. Not just the US, but Korea, China and even Mexico. I'm sure there are a lot more others who use the same helmet as well.