Mexican Armed Forces pictures. - Page 2

--

October 30th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Are those turkish cobra recon vehicles? (the vehicle in between the pics of the grenade launcher and the one with the EZLN flag in the background)
October 30th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.A.F.E.S.
Ok. To start, the Mexican Army doesn't have MBT, it only has light armoured vehicles. Right now I would consider the ERC-90 Lynx our ''main battle tank.'' We have a variation of modified wheeled armored vehicles and some track armored vehicles.
Its fine and I think I remember somebody else saying that too come to think of it. With a low likelihood of facing an enemy that is well equipped in the MBT department, it becomes far less crucial. It can also be argued that wheeled AFV's and APC's make up for most inadequecies by being more mobile/faster than tracked vehicles.
October 30th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Good stuff.
The "GI" type helmet seems to be coming very standard throughout the world. Not just the US, but Korea, China and even Mexico. I'm sure there are a lot more others who use the same helmet as well.
That's true. But I still think there are only a handfull countries which are using and going to use this type helmets.
--
October 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

I heard rumors that the IDF is going to use those helmets soon.
October 30th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

And I do think those helmets look cool

http://img81.exs.cx/img81/5629/pla_sf037.jpg
http://img81.exs.cx/img81/545/pla_sf009.jpg
October 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

This is sort of off toppic.
October 30th, 2004  
G.A.F.E.S.

Is there a lot of co-operation between the navy and national defence secretariat, or is them being seperate bodies cause logistical/supply problems. Is there a higher overall body, like a ministry of defence or is the president he top of both seperatly.

No. The two secretariats are independent from each other. The president is the chief and commander of the armed forces. There's no ministry of defense that controls both secreatriats. For example; The national defense secretariat produces all its needs, while the navy secretariat buys them from other countries.

Are those turkish cobra recon vehicles? (the vehicle in between the pics of the grenade launcher and the one with the EZLN flag in the background)

No. They are Panhard VBL . Made in France. They are veru useful. We have them equipt with granade launchers and MILAN anti-tank.

October 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Very nice pick
October 30th, 2004  
Redneck

Those don't look like they'd work too well for the claustrophobic.

Does the Mexican military use any tracked vehicles?
October 30th, 2004  
USAOwnz

Pretty sharp looking on Independence day. Not bad, I thought they would a little less sharp. My family is from Mexico, just to keep me from being flamed to death.