Men are too rough to train with, Army tells women - Page 4

--

December 8th, 2005  
hopefulfuturemarine

Well nothing against them, but he's right. Women (average) can't perform the tasks the military requires of men. Plain and simple. The military has a purpose, most women can't fulfill that purpose. Men couldn't handle childbirth, and I don't think any of us would want to if they were given the (impossible) chance. There are biological differences between men and women. That's the way it is, and I don't understand why they have a problem with that...
Hopeful
December 16th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddiot
What is the bleep test?
It's a fitness test of running twenty meters at a set pace up to twenty levels. The first level is slow at just over eight and a half secs. The twentith level is just under three and a half secs.
December 20th, 2005  
Damien435

We did that in high school, not with 70 lbs. of weight on our back, but we had to do it. Doing that with one torn ACL and no weight was bad enough, don't look forward to doing that with a bunch of extra weight, even if I do have two good knees at the time.
--
December 20th, 2005  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete031
Yeah you might be able to fall out of PT with little repercussions... But I would not want someone with that mentality advancing under fire next to me... Or withdrawing, or doing a close target recce or stalking an enemy O.P.... Get my meaning?
Agreed. It is this sort of mentallity that gets people killed in combat. what the hell has happened to training like you fight? Bleeding in training so you don't die in combat? "The march of the porcelain soldiers" and this zero defect Army is doing no one any favours save the stockholders of the Clarksville, Indiana company that are the DoD's supplier of body bags and coffins.

Nothing ever changes does it?
December 22nd, 2005  
Marinerhodes

Quote:
The Army is abandoning mixed-sex training units because too many female recruits are getting injured trying to keep up with their male counterparts.
Reread the article gentlemen and ladies. It says nothing about the women complaining. It is due to the amount of injuries they sustain due to the training tempo and scale. Not that they do not wish to train at the same level as a male nor that they are complaining or whining about it.