Men are too rough to train with, Army tells women

ISLANDFOX said:
They should treat everyone exactly the same when it comes to the military- and I don't say this for the sake of "womens rights", I say this for the effectiveness of a fighting force. You don't want an entirely weaker section of your army, who wouldn't be allowed to even sign up if they were male and of the same level of fitness. If they can't handle the requirements, then don't let them join. Everyone should have the same standards that are needed, so if a woman is good enough, she can get in.

Sure, it'll mean some women can't get in, but some guys can't either, and the purpose of the military is not to make everyone feel special, it's to defend its country and kick some ass.

:salute: agreed

hopefulfuturemarine said:
I don't care. I understand that women are naturally weaker than men, and that's why they have a lower level they have to meet in the service. But by God they scream for equality, right till we give it to 'em and they learn first hand every reason we kept them from it in the first place. They want to join just like a man, fine, But make them train just like one too.
Hopeful

I agree with you.

Equal opportunities suck ass big style. How can it be equal on the annual fitness test to make the men run to level 9.10 (minimum) on the bleep test and women only have to do level 6.4(minimum) why when it comes to press ups men are expected to do full press ups women do raised supported press ups.
Get a grip if they want to run and shoot with the boys they have to run and shoot with the boys.
And as for the drill and them having to lengthen their strides to keep up with the blokes B*****ks any decent drill instructor puts the short arses at the front and tall lanky gits like me match their stride not the other way round, because thats unrealistic. Someone half my height can probabally physically run faster than me, but because of my stride I could keep up with them.
aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rant over for now!!!! :evil:

zyonchaos said:
Equal opportunities suck ass big style. How can it be equal on the annual fitness test to make the men run to level 9.10 (minimum) on the bleep test and women only have to do level 6.4(minimum)

What is the bleep test?

Females should know that You can fall out of hikes and runs, with little repercussions, and females do all the time. Usually a few males too.

Yeah you might be able to fall out of PT with little repercussions... But I would not want someone with that mentality advancing under fire next to me... Or withdrawing, or doing a close target recce or stalking an enemy O.P.... Get my meaning?

Gender in the military doesn't seem to be much of an issue, but rather whether the guy (or gal) next to you can do their part, since failure to do so could mean a loss of your life or your comrade's lives. The law about women in the service doesn't exist because of some male dominance agenda, but rather the fact that we need everyone to do their part to keep everyon alive.
Hopeful

All I am going to say on this issue is that women are built like cats and men are built like dogs. Meaning, women are smaller, lighter and more agile, men are bigger, stronger and tougher. (On average, don't give me the "But my 7 foot tall, female Scandinavian Olympian neighbor can jump clean over me bullshit because that is not the norm.)

Obviously I am not going to be called sexist for saying something that is true. Look at your high school's records, how many men won first place in Gymnastics? How many women were the starting runningback on your Varsity football team? Enough said.

Another example, look at how the different gender's sit down. Men sit down, lie back, legs stretched out, often resting on the coffee table, women sit on the couch with their legs folded under tham. How do the do that!? I bend my knee like 10 degrees and I need knee surgery. (Yeah yeah, I know, I bent it the wrong way, just ignore that part though.)

Last edited:
Well nothing against them, but he's right. Women (average) can't perform the tasks the military requires of men. Plain and simple. The military has a purpose, most women can't fulfill that purpose. Men couldn't handle childbirth, and I don't think any of us would want to if they were given the (impossible) chance. There are biological differences between men and women. That's the way it is, and I don't understand why they have a problem with that...
Hopeful

Smiddiot said:
What is the bleep test?
It's a fitness test of running twenty meters at a set pace up to twenty levels. The first level is slow at just over eight and a half secs. The twentith level is just under three and a half secs.

We did that in high school, not with 70 lbs. of weight on our back, but we had to do it. Doing that with one torn ACL and no weight was bad enough, don't look forward to doing that with a bunch of extra weight, even if I do have two good knees at the time.

Pete031 said:
Yeah you might be able to fall out of PT with little repercussions... But I would not want someone with that mentality advancing under fire next to me... Or withdrawing, or doing a close target recce or stalking an enemy O.P.... Get my meaning?

Agreed. It is this sort of mentallity that gets people killed in combat. what the hell has happened to training like you fight? Bleeding in training so you don't die in combat? "The march of the porcelain soldiers" and this zero defect Army is doing no one any favours save the stockholders of the Clarksville, Indiana company that are the DoD's supplier of body bags and coffins.
:bang:
Nothing ever changes does it?

The Army is abandoning mixed-sex training units because too many female recruits are getting injured trying to keep up with their male counterparts.

Reread the article gentlemen and ladies. It says nothing about the women complaining. It is due to the amount of injuries they sustain due to the training tempo and scale. Not that they do not wish to train at the same level as a male nor that they are complaining or whining about it.

Back