A Marine Corps Birthday Party

--

April 5th, 2004  
DTop

Topic: A Marine Corps Birthday Party

A couple of years back we had a manager here who was an ex-Marine Corps officer in Vietnam. One November, he sent a memo out to all military veterans. He invited all military veterans, family members of deployed military, and so on to a Marine Corps birthday party. He did it up very nicely, cutting the cake with his sword and all that.
The funny thing was as each person came in the door, he had his secretary ask them what branch of the service they were in.
If you were in the USMC, he gave you a nice red T-shirt with the globe & anchor on it.
If you were in the Army he gave you an O.D. green baseball cap to wear which was actually pretty nice.
If you were in the Navy he handed you a sailor's cap. not bad either.
Finally, if you were in the Air Force, he made you wear a beanie cap that had a sliver propeller on top. It was hilarious, at least for those of us not in the AF.
April 5th, 2004  
Redleg

Ouch...
Great Gifts...
June 6th, 2004  
Marksman

poor AF guys
--
October 29th, 2004  
cbbr08

hahah, thats hilarious. Those AF people never did get along with the Marines.
I went to Kadena AFB one time and there was always somebody mean muggin me
December 27th, 2004  
03USMC

Man one of my UDEP's on Oki fell around Christmas. We were all sittin in the USO of lovely Camp Hansen watchin the TV Armed Forces Far East Network AKA FEN; the Forced Entertainment Network. When Kadenas Christmas Party Announcement scrolled across the bottom of the screen,

It read. "The Kadena Airmans Club is having it's Christmas Party on 22 Dec. from 1930 hrs until 0200 hrs 23 Dec. No cover. Marines not welcome."

We laughed until we cried.
December 27th, 2004  
DTop

That was funny. I wonder why those fly guys would say a thing like that?
December 27th, 2004  
03USMC

Who knows maybe they were skeered.
December 28th, 2004  
rotc boy

when you finished laughing, did you realize you felt left out?

jp
December 29th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
when you finished laughing, did you realize you felt left out?

jp
not in the least.
January 1st, 2005  
Jason Bourne

hilarious