I Love South Dakota - Page 5

--
Boots

February 25th, 2006  
Fox

I believe abortion is a murder. I don't support Abortion. It's a murder. Women should think before mating, you know?
February 26th, 2006  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
To me haveing 46 chromosomes does not make you human. It makes you an organism with 46 chromosomes, once you begin to develop human specfic organs heart,brain lungs etc then sure call it a human.
This is a little more than 46 chromosomes, this is less than one month of formation of a baby.

Neural tube forms - It will develop into the nervous system (Brain, spinal cord, hair, and skin). Already your baby has the foundation for thought, senses, feeling, and more!
Heart and primitive circulatory system rapidly form - While still in its beginning stages, this is the very life support system that will carry your child throughout his or her life.
February 26th, 2006  
jedi078

I donít know if this has been brought up but if a woman wants to have an abortion she WILL find the means/way to do so whether it is illegal or legal. Probation did not stop people from purchasing and or drinking alcohol. Likewise a ban on abortion WILL not prevent women from having abortions.

Besides would it be more prudent to have a woman go to an abortion clinic to get an abortion (where the procedure can be done in a safe and sterile environment) or visit the local butcher (and risk the chance of death during the procedure or afterwards due to infection)?

Personally I am against abortion but I know it has a place in this world and thus I accept the fact that it should be legal, if only to protect those women who will go to extreme methods to have an abortion.
--
Boots
February 26th, 2006  
Damien435

And they can go to those safe clinics....

In Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming or Montana, just not here.
February 26th, 2006  
jedi078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
And they can go to those safe clinics....

In Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming or Montana, just not here.
What about those who cannot afford/lack a means of transportation to go to those States?

Don't even think about saying "Too bad" or "That's their fault" or "Not my problem."

Because that would be ignorance talking
February 26th, 2006  
Damien435

Then they can't afford to get an abortion so it is a mute point.
February 26th, 2006  
jedi078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Then they can't afford to get an abortion so it is a mute point.
I was pointing at lack of transportation/funds for transportion, not a lack of funds to pay for the abortion.

Besides if a woman has the WILL do have an abortion then they WILL find a way to get it done.

AND there is nothing you, me or anyone else who is against abortion can do about it.
February 26th, 2006  
Damien435

And I was pointing out that an abortion costs far more than the cost for transportation to an abortion clinic, so if they can't afford transportation they can't afford an abortion and it is a mute point.
February 26th, 2006  
The Cooler King

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi078
I donít know if this has been brought up but if a woman wants to have an abortion she WILL find the means/way to do so whether it is illegal or legal. Probation did not stop people from purchasing and or drinking alcohol. Likewise a ban on abortion WILL not prevent women from having abortions.

Besides would it be more prudent to have a woman go to an abortion clinic to get an abortion (where the procedure can be done in a safe and sterile environment) or visit the local butcher (and risk the chance of death during the procedure or afterwards due to infection)?

Personally I am against abortion but I know it has a place in this world and thus I accept the fact that it should be legal, if only to protect those women who will go to extreme methods to have an abortion.
Just because women will find a way to have an abortion does not mean we should legalize it. You logic makes no sense at all. Cocaine is illegal yet people will go to great lengths to obtain it. People are killing each other over it every day. Does this mean we should legalize it? A ban on abortion WILL prevent the majority of women from having an abortion as a ban on drugs prevents the majority from obtaining them. But if a woman is set on having an abortion, she will go get one regardless of the law.
February 26th, 2006  
major liability

The problem is, a lot of us don't think the woman should be prevented from having the abortion if she wants it in the first place.