Do you like the Monty Python?? - Page 2

--
Boots

December 26th, 2011  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RFK
There's this imortal one-liner from Monty Python that I always keep close to my heart whenever I encounter nationals from the big country on the other side of the pond.

Drinking American beer is just like making love in a canoe, it's fXcking close to water.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_WRFJwGsbY"]Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl - Philospher's Song - YouTube[/ame]
December 26th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Monty Python was good, but the Goon's were hilarious.

Harry Secombe met Spike Milligan in North Africa. Spike Milligan's gun crew fired a gun, which jumped out of the gun pit and rolled down hill with the gun crew chasing after it. Milligan open the canvas of Secombes truck and said those immortal words as only Milligan can, “Anyone see a gun?”

Milligan fell in love with a prostitute in Italy. Milligan said, “I knew she loved me, she only charged me half price.”
Hehe Spike Milligans books where brilliant especially his war memoirs.
December 26th, 2011  
Trooper1854

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Hehe Spike Milligans books where brilliant especially his war memoirs.
He told a story on a chat show how the RSM put him in the guard room and gave him a short piece of string and told him to measure the flag pole with it.
So Spike cut the pole down and started to measure it.
When the RSM saw him he shouted:
"Milligan! I wanted to know how tall it was, not how long!"
That guy was an absolute genius!
--
Boots
December 26th, 2011  
I3BrigPvSk

this so funny.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYkbqzWVHZI"]stoned for saying jehovah (life of brian) - YouTube[/ame]
December 26th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
He told a story on a chat show how the RSM put him in the guard room and gave him a short piece of string and told him to measure the flag pole with it.
So Spike cut the pole down and started to measure it.
When the RSM saw him he shouted:
"Milligan! I wanted to know how tall it was, not how long!"
That guy was an absolute genius!

I remember the first book of his I ever read was "Mussolini his part in my downfall" and thought it was probably the funniest thing I had ever read.

He claimed to have shot down an American P-38 Lightening because it woke hiim one night so he shouted at it "I hope you bloody well crash" and it did.
December 27th, 2011  
Chief Bones

I ALWAYS GOT A KICK ON HOW DRY SOME OF THE HUMOR THAT CAME OUT OF MONTY WAS.
December 27th, 2011  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I remember the first book of his I ever read was "Mussolini his part in my downfall" and thought it was probably the funniest thing I had ever read.

He claimed to have shot down an American P-38 Lightening because it woke hiim one night so he shouted at it "I hope you bloody well crash" and it did.
Milligan wanted on his headstone, "I told you I wasn't well."
December 28th, 2011  
mmarsh

My favorite will always be the LumberJack Song.

The bane of millions of Canadians.
December 29th, 2011  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
My favorite will always be the LumberJack Song.

The bane of millions of Canadians.

It so a good one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZa26_esLBE"]Monty Python- Lumberjack Song FULL - YouTube[/ame]
December 30th, 2011  
Del Boy

Life of Brian. Brians mother addressing the mob outside her home:-

"He's not the Messiah - he's just a very naughty boy"