Let's Build a Better World Government

--

October 7th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Topic: Let's Build a Better World Government

I think this should be interesting. Okay, so tomorrow morning the UN ceases to exist with absolutely no chance of it being rebuilt as it was. (A miracle!!)

A gathering of nations demands that something be created for a World Government. How should it be built? What can be done to make it a truly effective World Government? What would you do to eliminate the weakness of former World Government (League of Nations, United Nations)? Where is it headquartered? What is the role of the more powerful nations in the world and how do we determine who they are?
October 7th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Not going to happen.
October 7th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well, technically its a fantasy. What I'm driving at is to get people to think about how to build a better version of the UN -- one that is actually USEFUL. If the UN miraculously ceased to exist and we COULD build a replacement ... how would you build it?
--
October 7th, 2004  
ravensword227

There can be no good from a one world order. May God protect us from that as long as possible.
October 7th, 2004  
Doc.S

Quote:
ravensword227

There can be no good from a one world order. May God protect us from that as long as possible.

Amen to that brother

Well every New World Order fan should take a look at this site and maby even use Winamp for a dose of Alex Jones GCN Ch Gal 13 ch 20 radio show from Austin Texas. Very interesting guy and I would like to meet him in person. That guy rocks!

Link:

http://www.infowars.com

Cheers:
Doc.S

October 7th, 2004  
A Can of Man

World government is so detached from reality that I think it's not worth considering at this point.
October 7th, 2004  
whosewar2000

Mod Edit: That's enough, whosewar, everyone here is quite aware of your feelings about President Bush, do not feel that you need to make off-topic comments in every thread reminding us of this. If you have nothing to add to a subject, do not post in the thread. Too easy, huh?
October 7th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

So the consenses is that we do not want a World Government that is actually useful?? I can see some reasons for that, but if you don't want one that actually has any power, WHAT DO WE WANT THEN?? How would we change from what we already have?
October 7th, 2004  
Darkmb101

it would be great to have a better and effective world government, but its just not possible to have one.
October 7th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
it would be great to have a better and effective world government, but its just not possible to have one.
I suppose that's a fair statement, but I guess I don't completely understand. Why is it not possible (other than the fact that the UN already exists)? Like it or not, as time goes on, globalization (in some form or another) happens. World Government seems to have a very big role lined up for itself, but the UN is only good for peacetime support and relief.