Let's Build a Better World Government - Page 2

--

October 18th, 2004  
Nicholas Kane

I agree with GodofThunder, I think that World Government is inevitable. I would also ask those against a world government a simple question:

1. What is wrong with one World government?
October 18th, 2004  
SHERMAN

My Israeli view
how cana govronment sitting in Paris or New York understand the problems in Jerusalem?
October 18th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

There should be a way of coming up with a government that understands what's truly going on in your country or any other. The buerocratic side of things make it unappealing in way, but that's why I started the thread to begin with: to discuss how to come up with a world government that actually works.
--
October 18th, 2004  
SleepySweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Kane
I agree with GodofThunder, I think that World Government is inevitable. I would also ask those against a world government a simple question:

1. What is wrong with one World government?
Well, first of all the idea of a world government is good in theory (like Communism is a good theoretical idea). However, I think that it would be very difficult (impossible - like Communism?) to make it work!
Also, if you look at the world as it is today, I'm not sure if the "Western World" would have the majority and being in control of the government. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with an Islamic world government

Just my 2 cents . . .
October 18th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Yeah, on top of that, Im not sure Im intrested...I like my govronment. I like being a Citizen of The State of Israel. I dont think of people in the USA, China, Brazil, or any other country as my countryman. I dont see them as my brothers. I am willing to fight and die to protect my Country, built by my people....But I wouldent say that I would fight for a Global Govronment...And ovcourse, someone will have to fight for it...Rebelions are inevitable...
October 18th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I'm with you on that Sherman. There will always be a section of the world that will use this world government to sit on the other. That's why it's not going to work.