--
Kucinich presents Bush impeachment articles

June 12th, 2008  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
I luvs my crazy Dennis!

He's got at least 28 valid points there, that I counted.
Only one of the few times I agree with you.
June 12th, 2008  
senojekips

I pay little attention to US politics, not because it's not important, but because I have no say in it.

However reading through the list I would say that there is at least prima facie evidence to support most of these accusations. Pretty sad, for a President.

This in itself demonstrates a enormous breach of trust for the US voters.
June 12th, 2008  
AikiRooster

prima facie ay? I am thinking more like false accusations from a prima donna.
--
June 12th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
false? I saw 28 legitimate points...
June 12th, 2008  
AikiRooster

Hey, future President, Senator McCain is on Fox News now, I know you wanna listen to it.
June 12th, 2008  
senojekips

Quote:
Well, I know I'm only an ignorant foreigner, being that we don't get world news here in Australia, but I see no evidence to back your statement, whereas there is plenty of evidence that would lead one to believe that the statements in the attempted impeachment are at first glance, correct.

I must admit I feel that Kucinich has all the chance of success, of a snowball in hell. But that's not because the statements are false, merely that he will get no support because other politicians (of all persuasions) might find themselves in the same position one day.

Good ole George, this man is truly something else. At the very least he should sack his speech writer.
"A lower voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls"
"More and more of our imports come from overseas"
June 12th, 2008  
AikiRooster

If their was any chance of any of this nonsense being factual, their would be plenty of folks, from all parties, going after them on these charges, They are not factual. Additionally, if it was even close to being factual, again, which it is not, the President and the Vice President would not be the only two targets. If you don't get world news, how do you know enough to be able to make a determination at all? Just by listening to folks that hate the accused?
June 13th, 2008  
Del Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips

Good ole George, this man is truly something else. At the very least he should sack his speech writer.
"A lower voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls"
"More and more of our imports come from overseas"

Yeah - but dontcha think he's kinda cute? When he's gone, will there be a space where he used to be? Answers on a postcard, please.

BTW - I never knew before that Australia does not get world news; good job that I try to keep you informed then; I have been slacking lately. Must improve.

(Aiki Rooster -my apologies for interrupting your serious post -conversation. I should have come back another time. Sorry about that.)
June 13th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy
Yeah - but dontcha think he's kinda cute? When he's gone, will there be a space where he used to be?
It'd be quite cute if he was the Lieutenant Governor of Iowa. But he's the president of my country, which ruins the cute factor and makes it a bit embarrasing.
June 13th, 2008  
senojekips

Quote:
Just by listening to folks that hate the accused?
That's a pretty lame excuse by any standard. "You're picking on him"

As a non US citizen I have no real interest in US poiltics and don't take sides. But that does not blind me to the fact that these accusations have a lot of supporting evidence in the world press. Surely not every news agency in the free world hates George Bush? If they do, why do they hate him.

There's an old saying. "Where there's smoke, there's usually fire"

He's a politician of course he'll have people who dislike him, the trouble being that no one can, or tries to disprove these accusations to the public. News services such as Reuters and AAP are accepted as being reliable sources of world news. Yes,.. they have been given incorrect information on occasions, but when discovered they make a retraction. This is not the case as yet with much of (maybe all) the information being discussed in this accusation. (There are several accusations that I am not familiar with)

Talking of reliable sources, your previous posts on this forum being as abrasively one sided as they are, would seriously discredit any chance of your own views being seen as being "reliable" on matters such as this. Whereas at least I can say that I have, "on occasions" supported the policies of the Bush administration.

No, I'm not saying that he's evil, but there's no denying that he's certainly breached the trust of the people as a person of high office.