I know this isn't really Military News, but 7 bombs have gone off in Bombay, India

and I'm sitting 4 hours North.

It's a very uncomfortable feeling!

If you are the type that prays I'd appreciate prayers for safety for all Americans that are here.

On the news today we saw that the bombings were pulled off by terrorists, both inside the country and out.

Thanks for the prayers. I feel like I really need them.

Senior Chief said:
If you are the type that prays I'd appreciate prayers for safety for all Americans that are here.

not a problem:
i hope you are safe out there: you're definitely braver than me
:salute:

I'm currently sitting in Bombay waiting for a ride to the airport to head home.

It seems the people are pretty resiliant here. They were back to normal the next day. I guess my concern is still valid, but the populace seems to be taking it in stride and moving on.

Just for arguments sake, none of the victims families are receiving $1.5 - $4.5 million each. Are they under reacting or have we over reacted?

A thought goes out to all those that lost a family member or their own life in the horrible attacks on civilians, no matter what nationality!

I suggest to have a quiet minute to remember those that lost their life!

Thank you C/1 didn't notice that i had written quite heh

Last edited:
I have arrived safely back in the U.S. of A.

The experience was something new for me. The attack of 7/11 took me back to 9/11.

On 9/11 I was working in West Virginia, again away from home and loved ones. I called home when it was evident that my project was about done. Between the time I started that morning and the time I called both WTC towers had collapsed and the Pentagon had been hit. Flight 93 was still in the air.

I was stranded. All planes had been grounded and there was no forseeable way home other than to steal the rental car I was driving. Hertz was very forgiving and did not charge me a drop off fee. Shortly there after I was recalled to active duty.

I wondered on 7/12 if I was going to be able to get home. Thank God everything was under control and I flew home on schedule.

Back