Kim Jong IL dead

--
Kim Jong IL dead

December 19th, 2011  
George

Topic: Kim Jong IL dead

Kim Jong IL dead
So...what effect will this have on a less than stable country that N.K. is?
December 19th, 2011  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
So...what effect will this have on a less than stable country that N.K. is?

Hopfully if the NK military does attempt a power struggle by either removing, disenfranchising or placing another family member into power, that North Korea's main benefactor China will take necessary steps to mediate this problem, being as in the past when North Korea is at it's weakest, it seems to exercise drastic actions to assert it's strength.

It seems to me that there is doubts in the traits of Jong Ils son in the countries leadership echelons.
December 19th, 2011  
muscogeemike

In the “old days” I was a U.S. Army Tactical Intel. Analysis. I did multiple tours in the ROK and considered N. Korea to be my area of expertise.

When Kim Il Sung died I was convinced that war would result. Now his son has died and, so far at least, no great problem.

It has been a long time since I had access to high level intelligence so I admit I’m not well informed anymore on the capabilities of the PDRK military, but I’m beginning to wonder if all that “hype” we were exposed to in the 60’s - 90’s was just that - hype.
--
Kim Jong IL dead
December 19th, 2011  
George

Apparently they test fired another missle today. The Son trying to est his creds?
December 19th, 2011  
Yossarian

Or a sign that things are not going so well.

Aggressive behavior has been a sign of internal struggle before for the North.
December 20th, 2011  
Cheers12

You really think this guy ran the country for the past few years? His son does not just get control right away, it has been in the hands of a regency council of generals--the sycophants and yes-men--for a long time now and will remain so for the near future.
Although, the whole cult of personality thing is going to be weird. Everyone loved the Great Leader and it kind of made sense. People "loved" the Dear Leader out of fear. What will his son be called? The Meh Leader?
December 20th, 2011  
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers12
Although, the whole cult of personality thing is going to be weird. Everyone loved the Great Leader and it kind of made sense. People "loved" the Dear Leader out of fear. What will his son be called? The Meh Leader?
The N.K Media/propaganda machine is in full pitch trying to elevate him to Obama in '08 status.
December 20th, 2011  
Yossarian

But how does that work with the inner cirlce his father formed of military leaders and high ranking party officials?
December 20th, 2011  
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
But how does that work with the inner cirlce his father formed of military leaders and high ranking party officials?
If the "powers that be" didn't want him praised, it wouldn't be happening.
December 21st, 2011  
Yossarian

Agreed, it seems for the time being, he is on his way to being "the glorious Supreme Leader".