Kids with guns!!

--
Boots

May 7th, 2004  
Marksman

Topic: Kids with guns!!

Should kids(14-17)own any weapon due the Columbine incident 1999,rhere are many reasons to belive they shouldnt.Whats your opinon???
May 7th, 2004  
TankDriver

Its a right to own a gun as a american. Also on a second thing I believe saying 14 years old should be allowed to own guns is alittle bit of a strech. They if they are mature enough to have a gun then sure but if they aren't then i believe the parents should have the right to take it away from him. Along with that they should have to take the hunters safety course in order to own a gun at that age. I my self took hunter safety at thirteen and i own my guns. A Hunting rifle along with a reproduction 1861 springfeild civil war gun. so i think that any thing at like 15, 14 at the youngest if hes or shes mature enough can own a gun if they take hunters saftey
May 7th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

Kids shouldn't be able to own guns, adults 18 and older should. Of course a father may let his 14 year old use the gun for hunting and recreation, as mine did.
--
Boots
May 7th, 2004  
Marksman

Fair enough!!
But i dont agree!!
May 7th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

I was so pissed because i went into a Big % Sporting Goods store and the wouldn't even let me buy one of them airsoft pistols because i was not 18. I mean what is that. i can enlist in the military but cannot buy a plastic pellet gun. What kind of country am i living in?
May 7th, 2004  
Marksman

Well same thing here unless you are an shooting club member!!
May 7th, 2004  
Redneck

I got my first shotgun when I was 6 years old, and had 5 long guns by the time I turned 18, and so far I haven't killed nobody.

Problem is, there seem to be a lot of parents who don't mind buying a weapon for their kid, but can't be bothered to teach them proper firearm safety or responsibility. Unfortunately, you can't legislate parental ability.
May 7th, 2004  
Pogue

I owned my first weapon, a 20 gauge break action shotgun when I was 14. I think under proper supervision, it is a GREAT experience. I took the hunter's safety course and all that good stuff, now all the safety stuff is all second nature to me.
May 7th, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

Kids having access to guns is what caused Columbine.

But, there was a school shooting in VA i bleieve that was ended before anyone was killed because some students ran out to their cars and got their guns and subdued the shooters.

Quit complaining about all of that "I can join the military but I can't do....."
Yeah, good for you, you are 17. Thats just life. I joined a MONTH after I turned seventeen, and graduated from basic at 17 and a half. I will be at three years this December, and I still can't buy beer or a handgun. It doesn't friggin' matter. F.I.D.O.
May 7th, 2004  
Marksman

I wish......