Boots

May 26th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
Documentary movie "bowling for Columbine"
That is NOT a documentary, Marksman (or at least not one with any very great concern for reality).

I figured that made it clear that I was stating an opinion. And the proof for my opinion is because I said so.

My reasoning is that the political motivation behind Moore's work is so blatant (the guy has links to left wing petitions from his movie's website, www.bowlingforcolumbine.com ), that it removes any veil of legitimacy from his film as far as it being a documentary. I am not a cinematographic expert of any sort and am unsure of what may or may not be considered a "documentary" by the film world, but in my OPINION for something to be considered in that class of films, it must be as free as possible from a political slant and responsibly made (something that does not include trying to make a fool of an old man with Alzheimer's (Charlton Heston), among many other things).

Nice try though, 1217.
May 26th, 2004  
RnderSafe

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

This site has some solid sources backing some of their claims, and some of it is simply opinion. It is worth a read if you're interested in the movie, if nothing else.
May 26th, 2004  
Marksman

Thanks for the link Rnder Safe
It cleard out some things
--
Boots
May 26th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Sometimes when dealing with a moore type film...you have to take them with a grain of salt. My dad calls his films "mockumentorys" instead of documentorys. This the same man who made a film about exposing the car industry.
May 26th, 2004  
Marksman

Quote:
"mockumentorys"
sorry what does it means
May 26th, 2004  
Mark Conley

try this defitnition marksman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mockumentary
May 26th, 2004  
Marksman

i get it now............
June 1st, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

"These days kids are bringing guns to school. Gun's to school! When i was a kid, we'd take frogs to school! 'You take a frog to school now, somebody'd shoot it!"
June 1st, 2004  
Marksman

Mind if i'm wrong but only in USA
June 1st, 2004  
GUNNER

I'm a strong believer that kids should not own guns, you hear too many horror stories on the news about "accidental shootings" no offence to anyone this is my opinion only, but kids are just not mature enough to handle guns, guns should not even be stored in the home anywhere near children, if they are part of a shooting club or under adult supervision thats fine but i don't think they have any business owning one.

GUNNER