Kids with guns!! - Page 3

--
Boots

May 9th, 2004  
goaliedude66630

Topic: i agree

im 16 and i have been raised around guns. i think that if a kid is raised around guns that they are able to handle them responsiblely with proper instruction
May 9th, 2004  
Marksman

well not every kid i think!there were many cases of kids blowing them selfs by dads fire arm.
May 9th, 2004  
c/Commander

In NJROTC we use M16s and M9s almost every day (we're based at a Navy reserve center.) Most of the cadets are able to fully strip, clean, and reassemble an M16. No one has been shot yet. If kids are responsible enough, there is no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to own/use firearms.
--
Boots
May 10th, 2004  
Marksman

What i am trying to say that not every kid is to handle a gun properly if given,when two guys fight one puuls a gun and FINISHES the other one,it more about controling your emotions with gun in your hand than responsibility!!
May 10th, 2004  
Marksman

Thats a good prof(lol)
May 10th, 2004  
Pogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDR_SurfWar
In NJROTC we use M16s and M9s almost every day (we're based at a Navy reserve center.) Most of the cadets are able to fully strip, clean, and reassemble an M16. No one has been shot yet. If kids are responsible enough, there is no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to own/use firearms.
precisely. I learned how to clear a rifle when I was 6. I fired my first shot when I was 5.( Double barrel shotgun, didn't know it was a dual stage trigger )
I like to think that my being raised with weapons made me all the better today.
May 11th, 2004  
Marksman

Ahh ok but,ah nothing cant go against the system i guess
May 26th, 2004  
Sooners1

I think it is up to a parent on whether a kid should have a gun or not. On the same note hopefully that is a responsible parent and not somone who is givin the kid a gun so the kid will leave them alone. The kid has nothin to do with the siuation, if he/she is raised right then there wouldnt be a problem.
May 26th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
Documentary movie "bowling for Columbine"
That is NOT a documentary, Marksman (or at least not one with any very great concern for reality).
Now you are making claims without proof.... I'd like to know what you think isn't reality in that documentary.
May 26th, 2004  
Achilles

well, truth be told, i have 4 guns of my own, and im saving up for another one.