Kid suspended for eating ham sandwich - Page 3

--
Kid suspended for eating ham sandwich

April 26th, 2007  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
We're not sending anyone back for not abandoning their culture.
We want to send them back for not embracing ours.
I wouldn't say 'embrace', we don't force anybody to embrace American culture. Nobody forces immigrants to eat hot-dogs, attend church, or go to baseball games.

I would say 'respecting' or 'tolerating'. The fact is here in America we DO eat pork.
April 26th, 2007  
Donkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
I wouldn't say 'embrace', we don't force anybody to embrace American culture. Nobody forces immigrants to eat hot-dogs, attend church, or go to baseball games.

I would say 'respecting' or 'tolerating'. The fact is here in America we DO eat pork.
No you moved here for our culture, if not then why did you leave your paradise?????

Yeah so either like it or leave no one forced you to come here but we should start forcing some to leave. This isn't the beginning anymore and these immigrants are not like the ones of the past, so don't give me that this country was built on immigrants last time I checked every country in the world was.

(when I say you I do not mean you in particular mmarsh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Umm why would atheists even care?

I suspect the "Atheists" think all religious types are nuts so if religions want to fight it out then go for it.
Apparently you don't follow American news as much as you like to think. The whole Californian Atheist trying to get all sorts of religious things out of school, in the name of his daughter...

Funny thing I bet they all take Christmas off....
April 26th, 2007  
senojekips

All of this talk has made me go out and make a nice ham sandwich. I guess I'll have to sue all you blokes for making me overweight.
--
April 26th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
All of this talk has made me go out and make a nice ham sandwich. I guess I'll have to sue all you blokes for making me overweight.
Here is someone who has embraced the modern American sentiment whole heartedly !!
April 26th, 2007  
Donkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerhodes
Here is someone who has embraced the modern American sentiment whole heartedly !!
LOL

Yeah, seriously....

I still love the bumper sticker "Defend America, disbar a lawyer"...hehehe never gets old...

That and Larry the Cable Guys whole "99% of all lawyers give the 1% of good lawyers a bad name"...hahaha
April 26th, 2007  
major liability

This is just ridiculous. If I was the kid who placed the ham sandwich I'd be laughing my ass off at the Somalis for being scared of pork. Then I'd enjoy my suspension.
April 26th, 2007  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey
No you moved here for our culture, if not then why did you leave your paradise?????
No offense taken, I am not an immigrant, born and raised in the Big Apple.

Usually for economic reasons. Sometimes political, my Mom moved to the USA for love (at least I hope it was love ). Some people accept the culture, some don't. Here in Europe we have the same problem, new immigrants that arrive for the benefits, but don't wish to make the effort in order to adapt.

You might remember the Islamic headscarf controversy in France, case in point.
April 29th, 2007  
A Can of Man

By embracing American culture it doesn't mean you HAVE to eat hotdogs and pork. In fact, choosing not to and going totally vegetarian is also American.
I think trying to punish someone for doing something that is not allowed in your culture but allowed in theirs qualifies as cultural intollerance, especially when in the US of A, eating a piece of pork is totally okay.
April 29th, 2007  
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
We're not sending anyone back for not abandoning their culture.
We want to send them back for not embracing ours.
Yeah, right on the target.

I'm curious, I live in Texas. And many Mexicans came here for jobs but not to embrace it.

As this proper thread, that was just stupid.
April 29th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerhodes
Yeah, It's sad ain't it.

If there is one piece of American culture I will never understand, it is this modern penchant for taking people to court because they are too damn lazy to get out and earn themselves a living. Sorry Guys it just gets right up my nose, because our lawyers are now steering the same course here, encouraging everyone to sue whoever they can.