John Kerry's real military background - Page 3

--

May 1st, 2004  
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside
John Kerry's Vietnam Medals
No, John Kerry has no medals he threw them all away.
May 1st, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Quote:
John Kerry's Vietnam Medals
No, John Kerry has no medals he threw them all away.
Ka-Zing!!!

May 1st, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Kerry volunteered for Nam. He's Honorable and doesn't deserve having his service questioned because Bush's whereabouts are unknown. I don't even care about the Alabama part. It's ducking Nam in the first place that bothers me.
Since your previous comments have been directed at me .. I would like for you to show me where I have questioned Kerry's service in Vietnam. My issues with Kerry, and the reasons I find him to be a pathetic weasel of epic proportions are not hiding on this site.

As for "I wanted to go to Nam but I was too young." So what? That doesn't count for anything. It doesn't add to your character. I wanted to go to the colonies during the American Rev war, but .....

You are coming dangerously close in your posts to backing up Kerry's claim that National Guard service is on par with dodging the real responsibilities and sacrifice of service (in his day "Draft dodging"). I suggest you tread lightly there, my friend.

I haven't seen a post where you've introduced yourself. Why don't you give me a bit of background as to your service - it will be helpful in finding common ground with you.
--
May 17th, 2004  
Marksman

Ssup with the Kery guy looks to be a nice guy
May 17th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
Ssup with the Kery guy looks to be a nice guy
Read the posts in this (and several other threads) to find out why he is not a "nice guy." (Actually, he may be a friendly guy, I don't know him, but he is 100% unsuited to be President in my opinion.)
May 18th, 2004  
DTop

Those medals don't make John Kerry qualified for anything other than receiving medals. I was in Vietnam when Kerry was back here accusing us of attrocities. How dare he? What he did in his brown water Naval service is on his own conscience and I say let him face the responsibilities of his own actions or misactions in free fire zones and leave the rest of us out of it. He obviously has demons he has never come to terms with. But guess what? That's his problem.
All I know is that I never threw any of my medals (or was that ribbons) away. I didn't even pretend to throw my medals away by throwing someone else's away and then displaying my own on my office wall. I also know that Bush couldn't have "jumped" anyone to get into the guard. There was never any numbered waiting list to get into the guard. That's not how it worked back then. Maybe he used some family member or friend's influence to get a slot, I don't know, but he wasn't alone. He didn't flee the country and of course he has no Vietnam service medal, he wasn't there. So what? Were you so offended that Clinton turned tail and ran to Europe when it was his time to serve? I wonder.
If Kerry is such a war hero why then did so many Vietnam vets turn their backs on him when he ponitificated at the Vietnam Memorial on Veterans Day? I'll tell you why. They remembered Kerry as the antiwar activist who testified before Congress during the war, accusing veterans of being war criminals. The dust jacket of Mr. Kerry's pro-Hanoi book, "The New Soldier," features a photograph of his ragged band of radicals mocking the US Marine Corps Memorial, which depicts the flag-raising on Iwo Jima, with an upside-down American flag. Do you remember that?
Retired Gen. George S. Patton III charged that Mr. Kerry's actions as an antiwar activist had "given aid and comfort to the enemy," as had the actions of Ramsey Clark and Jane Fonda.
Long after he changed sides in congressional hearings, Mr. Kerry lobbied for renewed trade relations with Hanoi. At the same time, his cousin C. Stewart Forbes, chief executive for Colliers International, assisted in brokering a $905 million deal to develop a deep-sea port at Vung Tau, Vietnam - an odd coincidence? I think not.
That's just a sample of who Mr. Kerry is. Yes, I do come from the same state as Mr. Kerry and have been subjected to his horse crap for a long time. The choice, of course, is yours but as you make the choice of a candidate for president keep this in mind. Mr. Kerry has fought harder for Hanoi as an antiwar activist and a senator than he did against the Vietnamese communists while serving in the Navy in Vietnam.
May 18th, 2004  
Nero

Quote:
That is incorrect.

Please, provide a link that supports that.

The infamous picture with Kerry and Fonda at the podium together was a fake. If need be, I'll prove that. Now, please provide a link to back up your statement. It's simply not true.

That particular picture has been proven to be real.

However, it may be this one that your'e thinking of that has been proven false (rather easily, I might add).
May 18th, 2004  
Italian Guy

This stuff here's working as a big eyeopener to me as far as Kerry's concerned. But I would like to know what was the reason why Bush didn't go to Nam. I'm serious coz I dunno about that. thanks.
May 18th, 2004  
DTop

Ironsides was confusing the picture I referred to showing Kerry sitting behind Hanoi Jane at the rally (which he posted himself) with another one that was not real showing Kerry and Fonda side by side the podium at the same rally. That's why I didn't respond because none was needed. How could I provide a link to something I wasn't talking about? Of course the picture I was talking about is real, it's as simple as that.
May 18th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianGuy4US
This stuff here's working as a big eyeopener to me as far as Kerry's concerned. But I would like to know what was the reason why Bush didn't go to Nam. I'm serious coz I dunno about that. thanks.
President Bush might have not GONE to Vietnam, but he served during the war stateside, he was in the Air National Guard as a pilot.