Israeli/Palestinian Ceasefire. What does it really mean?

View Poll Results :Okay, so What do you think it all means? How much hope is there?
Accomplishes nothing at all. Nothing changes. 0 0%
Isn't likely to work, but you always hope. 12 66.67%
I have no idea. 4 22.22%
Pretty sure this is the start of peace. 2 11.11%
This is it!! Israel and Palestine will make permanent peace!! No question about it!! 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

February 9th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Topic: Israeli/Palestinian Ceasefire. What does it really mean?

We've heard the news of the Ceasefire Agreement between Israel and Palestine. It's all over the headlines. What does it really mean? Does it accomplish big things? Does it accomplish nothing at all? Is it more an agreement to eventually work toward something that really does qualify as a true "Ceasefire"??
February 9th, 2005  
Whispering Death

It's a step in the right direction, I think both sides will obey it but what is going to happen next is anyone's guess.
February 9th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Now that Arafat's gone, it's a new shot at it.
--
Boots
February 9th, 2005  
Sexybeast

a great start for the ending of that endless cycle of killing and revenging
February 9th, 2005  
SHERMAN

Well, firstly, it's a step in the right direction. But the porblem is until the PLO disarmes Hammas and Jihad, these orgs will try to distabeize the cease fire. Hammas did agree to stop the shooting, but I wouldent trust Hammas further than I can shoot at them...
February 9th, 2005  
r031Button

The thin gis, the PLO really have little control over the vast majority of the terror groups. It's all very well for them to declare a peace agreement, but nothing stops a disgruntled faction of Hammass/Islamic Jihad from launching an attack, and then we're back at square one again.
February 9th, 2005  
MadeInChina

simple, in the words of politics and military, a period where both sides, especially the palastenian side could rest and rearm, train itself for a next fight
February 9th, 2005  
r031Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
simple, in the words of politics and military, a period where both sides, especially the palastenian side could rest and rearm, train itself for a next fight
Care to rephrase that to make your point...more obvious?
February 9th, 2005  
MadeInChina

it is very simple, at times of peace both sides, esepcially the palastians sects and organizations, will use this time well for another period of this feud
February 9th, 2005  
Sexybeast

maybe Isreal can tolerate some attacks of Hammas and Jihad so Isreal won't take revenge, and peace talking can still continue

do u think Isreal can do that?