Iraqi and American views on the various problems in Iraq. - Page 3




 
--
 
September 7th, 2006  
b2ee
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Your ignorance is showing. Violence, civil war to be exact, is the womb of democracy. Name me one, just one, country that is a democracy today that did not get said democracy through a bloody violent revolution wherein countryman slayed countryman?
Revolution? For the US to Iraq, it is invasion,not any revolution. Do you think it is revolution? So funny! colonization is also accompanied with bloody violent actions.

Don't forget the point that the most original excuse to invade Iraq is for its virtual VMD. Bush alleged to liberate the Iraq's people. A really joke for the whole world, Has he asked the Iraq's people whether they need his "liberation" in advance? This is just American way, no matter the local people like or not, so long as the US likes to do, all is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Ah, the concept of altrusim, I can understand why you don't understand.
altrusim? In fact, your altrusim is the real EGONISM. Spread things you want,and then think yourselves lofty and saint,only concern your own feeling and disregard other's feeling.

Maybe your original thought is good, but the way you do is bad.
September 7th, 2006  
bulldogg
 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2ee
altrusim? In fact, your altrusim is the real EGONISM. Spread things you want,and then think yourselves lofty and saint,only concern your own feeling and disregard other's feeling.

Maybe your original thought is good, but the way you do is bad.

Thank God you were here to straighten us all out... I have wondered for years what true EGONism is. Now the only quest left is to find the EGON.


As for Iraq, it is in the midst of a civil war. Were it being colonised the US and other forces would be not engaged in a small war but in a full scale suppression. We have the might and know how to crush anyone, anywhere, anytime. The fact we don't speaks volumes... but then again, those facts don't fit so nicely into your agenda.

I'm indeed very curious how you classify the current armed struggle in Xinjiang? Civil war? Colonisation? Oppression? Liberation?

Do tell.
September 7th, 2006  
b2ee
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
We have the might and know how to crush anyone, anywhere, anytime. The fact we don't speaks volumes... but then again, those facts don't fit so nicely into your agenda.
The words is the perfect explaination for ARROGANCE. But it doesn't matter, you do what you do, I do what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
I'm indeed very curious how you classify the current armed struggle in Xinjiang? Civil war? Colonisation? Oppression? Liberation?

Do tell.
XinJiang? bulldogg,we both know there is so deep gap about the understanding of XinJiang between us because of our different background,so it is very difficult to get some result through arguing XinJiang's problem.

Yes, it is fact, some wrong measurements and policy implemented before in XinJiang leads to the current situation, we has already realized it and try to improve the situaition.

Beside the historical stories of XinJiang, at least now it is very important for China's energy safe. Do you think we will do to XinJiang? No matter what the US think, XinJiang be of China.
--
September 7th, 2006  
Damien435
 
 
b2ee, just how would one go around asking the Iraqi people if they wanted to be liberated in a country where the government controls all means of communication?
September 7th, 2006  
bulldogg
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2ee
The words is the perfect explaination for ARROGANCE. But it doesn't matter, you do what you do, I do what I do.



XinJiang? bulldogg,we both know there is so deep gap about the understanding of XinJiang between us because of our different background,so it is very difficult to get some result through arguing XinJiang's problem.

Yes, it is fact, some wrong measurements and policy implemented before in XinJiang leads to the current situation, we has already realized it and try to improve the situaition.

Beside the historical stories of XinJiang, at least now it is very important for China's energy safe. Do you think we will do to XinJiang? No matter what the US think, XinJiang be of China.
Well at least its arrogance and not a further exacerbation of our ongoing problem with EGONISM. Its a simple statement of fact. Look at the numbers and tell me one country that can stand up o the might of the US military? Go on, prove me wrong. Pardon me if I don't hold my breath while I wait.

As for Xinjiang, you still haven't answered my question. What do you call it? I call it oppression at worst colonisation at best. You say the US is imposing its will on Iraq. THAT is EXACTLY what the is happening in Xinjiang and Tibet. Did China ASK the Uighur people what they wanted? NO. Did China ask the Tibetan people what they wanted? NO. You simply took them by force and assimilated them into China with specious claims going back to time immemorial. And even if your assumption is correct about the Us and Iraq, at least with us Iraq is still a soveriegn nation, unlike what China has done to Tibet and Xinjiang.

Historical claims are the height of stupidity for claiming territory. Following this line of logic I look forward to the day the Mongol people stake their claim to most of Northern China as it once was theirs. Go on, surprise me with your response. I'm sure in over four years in this country I haven't heard all the lines the CCP has spoonfed into the spongiform craniums of this population.

"china's energy is safe"... and you have the balls to claim the US attacked Iraq for oil??
September 7th, 2006  
Maytime
 
 
Iraqi Gov't Takes Command of Armed Forces:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212677,00.html

Is it standard operating precedure for the opressor to hand over the country back to the opressed? Don't answer.
September 8th, 2006  
WarMachine
 
 
Quote:
Historical claims are the height of stupidity for claiming territory
Doesn't that same thing apply to israel?

Anyway, i think that the current situation in xinjiang is a result of something that happened a long time ago under mao. It was an authoritarian state then and it still has authoriatarian organizations now. The difference between the US and china is that the US is a liberal democracy, and we shouldn't be doing things like invading other countries if we don't want a bad rap.

And i can name a democracy that came into existance without bloodshed. Sweden, Norway, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, New Zealand, and the netherlands. These countries didn't need killing to create a democracy since that's what the people wanted anyway, there was little opposition otherwise.
In Iraq's case we're trying to bring down democracy from above rather than trying to create the need for a democracy from the people.
September 8th, 2006  
bulldogg
 
 
Dont try to lecture me about Xinjiang until you bring your young butt into this country and go there for a year and live with the Uighurs and see first hand wtf I am on about. You are a sophomore in the classic sense of the word.

As for the other democracies. Sorry but Sweden is a parliamentary monarchy, not the same animal. Your ignorance as to the internal brief but violent civil wars within the states of Europe during and shortly after WWII is also showing.

AUS, Can and NZ are still members of the commonwealth and as such their democracies are gifts of the various British civil wars.

NEXT!
September 8th, 2006  
Dean
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Your ignorance is showing. Violence, civil war to be exact, is the womb of democracy. Name me one, just one, country that is a democracy today that did not get said democracy through a bloody violent revolution wherein countryman slayed countryman?
Canada.

AUS, Can and NZ are still members of the commonwealth and as such their democracies are gifts of the various British civil wars.

Sorry, I do not see what you mean here.
September 8th, 2006  
bulldogg
 
 
They became democracies as they were part of the British Empire, peopled by British citizens and their democratic institutions are a result of the fact they were British through and through hence I say that their democracies were a result of the British civil wars which established a democratic system in the motherland of England and then it was spread to their hoildings as a result of this unique relationship.
 


Similar Topics
An Army of some (Part One)
U.S., Citing Abuse in Iraqi Prisons, Holds Detainees
New Rules In Iraq May Make It Tougher To Keep Insurgents
A must read article on Iraq
Shaking hands with Sadam Hussein