The Iran problem

Big_Z

MilForum Recon
My question here is do you think conflict is going to break out with Iran in the very near future? They have just informed the world of a second enrichment facility. They were supposed to inform the IAEA before ever breaking ground on the facility but did not.

"That impression was reinforced by a close aide to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said the site will be operational "soon" and would pose a threat to those who oppose Iran.
"This new facility, God willing, will become operational soon and will blind the eyes of the enemies," Mohammad Mohammadi Golpayegani told the semi-official Fars news agency."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090926/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran_nuclear

Mentioning God, a nuclear enrichment facility and enemies in the same sentence is a major NOGO in my eyes. If a conflict breaks out do you think it will be a coalition of the western powers like in Iraq and Afghanistan? Do you think the US will give a thumbs up to Israel to launch attacks of their own and stay out of the conflict?

My thought is that, supposedly the UK, Russia, France and maybe Germany are on board soooooo.......if thats a real deal maybe diplomatic pressure can be brought to bear.

I doubt Israel will be green lighted. To much fall out from the Arab world.....even though Iranians aren't Arabs and will tell you so. It would still be an affront to Allah in the minds of some who are living their 3rd century jackassery dreams of the Mahdi.

But Israel dosen't need a green light. They will do what is in the best interest of Israel. And good on em!

Like hearing this right after you get your job contract with the military and sign the paper is, well kinda sobering, I understand a bit the situation on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan, but not much with the situation now with Iran posing a more and more serious regional threat. The possibility for diplomicy failing or just plain being ignored, and military action being taken by any of the number of western world powers, or Isreal is climbing just as fast as Iran's Sahab 3 missiles...

Yea Ive got my eyes open on this one.

It's as if they simply do not comprehend how serious the situation is. Do they honestly believe they would not be crushed in a conflict? It is going to be the same story. "We will crush our enemies and push them back to the sea!" 3 weeks later it's "America and its allies are national bullies. We did nothing to deserve this and we wish for only peace! They pick on the weak!" How does a man live with that?

Same weak ass stuff dude. Launch a couple three missiles and think it's gonna scare the west. All the while not believing or recognizing if you pull some silly crap the west is gonna put you back in the stone age.

Same weak ass stuff dude. Launch a couple three missiles and think it's gonna scare the west. All the while not believing or recognizing if you pull some silly crap the west is gonna put you back in the stone age.

Well considering the cutural differences between the west and countires like Afghanistan, well,are a little dated, some regions of Iran too never left the stone age. Iran has delcared an alarming number of statements putting religious fanactism with foerign policy, and even worse military strategy. They threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz and destroy Isreal, what the heck are they thinking?

And any conflict, that could arise the major oil companies would shut off traffic of oil in that region. Now really the U.S. gets maybe 15% of it's oil from that region, but some parts of the rest of the world don't. Oil Markets in places like Venezuala and the North Sea and Africa are were the majority of the U.S. gets it's oil, now the rest of the world's oil buyers get the stuff from places liket the Middle East. But, if the Middle East cuts off supply, then the rest of the world would be racing to the pumps elsewere, then demand gets jacked way up, and consequently, prices do to.

And well, remeber U.S. guys and gals when gas was around 4 bucks a gallon? Try 8-12 bucks a gallon, no more summer vacation...

Last edited:
I only see conflict after the Israelis get tired of waiting and decide to take out the nuclear sites themselves. I just hope this is after the negotiations...

the western world would most likely slap Isreal on the wrists until they get hit, I think it's only a matter of time when you have a minority of crazed goons everywhere who want to incinerate them, on the behalf of unfortunate population they govern.

Listen I hope it's not true, but I do believe that the Western powers may wait until any action at all is not proactive, but reactive, which seems to be the norm....

The west is going to sit on their thumbs and try to play peacekeeper until Israel has finally had enough and wipes Iran off the map. Our current Government is scared of looking bad on the global stage so they'll do everything they can to keep the military on a leash.
Personally, I can't wait for Israel to get fed up with this diplomacy and take some action. Maybe when Israel's through we can spend billions of tax payer dollars to rebuild Iran and then turn it back over to the same A**holes who were in charge before like we're doing in Afghanistan.

The west is going to sit on their thumbs and try to play peacekeeper until Israel has finally had enough and wipes Iran off the map. Our current Government is scared of looking bad on the global stage so they'll do everything they can to keep the military on a leash.
Personally, I can't wait for Israel to get fed up with this diplomacy and take some action. Maybe when Israel's through we can spend billions of tax payer dollars to rebuild Iran and then turn it back over to the same A**holes who were in charge before like we're doing in Afghanistan.

Hard lessons learned agian and again...

Well considering the cutural differences between the west and countires like Afghanistan, well,are a little dated, some regions of Iran too never left the stone age. Iran has delcared an alarming number of statements putting religious fanactism with foerign policy, and even worse military strategy. They threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz and destroy Isreal, what the heck are they thinking?

And any conflict, that could arise the major oil companies would shut off traffic of oil in that region. Now really the U.S. gets maybe 15% of it's oil from that region, but some parts of the rest of the world don't. Oil Markets in places like Venezuala and the North Sea and Africa are were the majority of the U.S. gets it's oil, now the rest of the world's oil buyers get the stuff from places liket the Middle East. But, if the Middle East cuts off supply, then the rest of the world would be racing to the pumps elsewere, then demand gets jacked way up, and consequently, prices do to.

And well, remeber U.S. guys and gals when gas was around 4 bucks a gallon? Try 8-12 bucks a gallon, no more summer vacation...

Just to let you know that Iran is considered to be part of the cradle of human civilisation. From what I can gather the Iranians are proud of their history and heritage. So why should they bow down to external forces? Is our reality their reality and more importantly does the Iranian population truly have the ability to influence their government decisions? Let's remember the Kurdish rebellion against Saddam, when the West (specifically the US) promised to support them - see how that went!

So we have a country that is asserting its rights in a very vocal and physical fashion - and we (the West) are saying get back in your box - that works for me, 'cos the last 30 years isolation and sanctions have seen Iran gain nuclear power capability, semi accurate missile technology and the ability to export its crude oil, maybe we could try a different tack to make Iran a stabilising power in the Middle East and stop them supporting Hammas & Hezbollah - those would be huge wins, but I think that we need to seriously consider our approach and demands, gone are the days of "gunboat diplomacy" and I think that the most active members of NATO are too overstretched to be able to take on a third war.

Depends, it does look like Russia is a bit wary on Iran, but Iran is looking to buy a bunch of Russkie equipment [Like the SA-21 Growler/S-400 Triumf]

I also would like to see Israel attack Iran. They have been directly threatened by Iran and I am sure they would love to obliterate those Nuke facilities. If Israel did attack Iran the US would take no part in it. I am sure we would slide them some money under the table but our government would probably condem it.

So we have a country that is asserting its rights in a very vocal and physical fashion - and we (the West) are saying get back in your box - that works for me, 'cos the last 30 years isolation and sanctions have seen Iran gain nuclear power capability, semi accurate missile technology and the ability to export its crude oil, maybe we could try a different tack to make Iran a stabilising power in the Middle East and stop them supporting Hammas & Hezbollah - those would be huge wins, but I think that we need to seriously consider our approach and demands, gone are the days of "gunboat diplomacy" and I think that the most active members of NATO are too overstretched to be able to take on a third war.

I agree that people, no matter what country they are from, should have the right to voice their opinion whether we like what they are saying or not. However, I learned a lesson long ago on the playgrounds. You don't mouth off to the biggest kid in the sandbox. If you do be prepared to get what's coming to you. That is what Iran is doing and by trying to play nice, we are making ourselves look weak on the global scale. Iran has violated sanction after sanction and no one seems to want to do anything about it. Pretty soon the rest of the world is going to realize that sanctions are nothing but hollow promises that mean nothing. It's time to back up the talk before things get way out of hand.

Iran is a Threat.Iran doesn't threat Israel only but also the Arab country.However,I Think Israel will do the same thing like in Iraq.But Big deference between Iraq and Iran.Iraq had only one Installation.Iran Has many Installation all over the country.I think that ability to produce a Nuclear Bomb or Dirty Bomb need more than Three years of hard working.So Iran as a nuclear Power in the near future is a lot of imagination.And about Iran Missiles,I think its eazy to make a missile that travel For Thousands of miles but its not eazy to make an accurate one.
But May I Ask:What will happen If Israel Do the dirty job for the western world,Simply Who Will Take Iran Side,and Who Will Take West Side In The Region.The Answer will Give us a clear vision about How The Next War will Break out.

Just to let you know that Iran is considered to be part of the cradle of human civilisation. From what I can gather the Iranians are proud of their history and heritage. So why should they bow down to external forces? Is our reality their reality and more importantly does the Iranian population truly have the ability to influence their government decisions? Let's remember the Kurdish rebellion against Saddam, when the West (specifically the US) promised to support them - see how that went!

True but I don't really see how Iran's government allows it's people to play a roll in Iran's more and more radical policy. Im not trying to condem them, not at all, Im not saying anything on a superioty contest.

But what do you use missiles for? Regardless of how we feel on what flag is right and what one is wrong, but I hate it when the world allows situations like this one turn into bloodshed, I don't want to starve because the economy crashes beacause of conflict in that region, more importantly I don't care whose who, but I don't want people to die for no good reasons. Let it be Irainians, Or Isreali pilots, or U.S. Sailors, or European Soldiers, and Lord no not more civilians trying to just mind their own.

It's just ridoculous.

I also would like to see Israel attack Iran. They have been directly threatened by Iran and I am sure they would love to obliterate those Nuke facilities. If Israel did attack Iran the US would take no part in it. I am sure we would slide them some money under the table but our government would probably condem it.
i think they would of by now...
if they could pull it off successfully
who wouldn't want to watch that powder keg blow?

JUST.....

I think iraq is gonna be the great terror for the world..
What you guys think about this???
Dont forget that your government who let those guyz show up .Saddam did one good thing he was able to prevent them from doing what they are doing now.US with Great WAR MACHINE cant stop those poor terrorists. NOOO Your government can but for political reasons.Letting them free for a short period can give the chance to US government to Fabricate charges to neighboring countries:angel:.Method which is used by USA to put pressure on other countries:whip:.As we all know that Iraq now is more dangerous than 6 years ago.SO Did the war solved your problem.IF YES SO:bravo:.IF NO ITS TIME TO FIND NEW STRATEGY IN IRAQ:sniper:.
Just a thought.PEACE:salute2:

Back