Iran to hang teenage girl attacked by rapists

:wink: .......
uid174759iid8211kx.gif

Swordfish you hit the nail right on the head concerning the poster before you!

TBA_PAKI said:
Your ideology about Quran is wrong.

Quran states equal rights for men and women and even punishment for both is same in case of crimes.

Jews are condemned with context to crucifying of Prophet Jesus (PBUH).

I think that you don't read books properly!
That has always been my view of what the Koran/Quran says. The problem with circumstances like this one is pretty simple: The same people who wholly advocate the use of the Koran as a template for government, rule and law tend to run to some very unequal interpretations with regard to women (among other things.)

For one thing, the Koran should be interpretted based upon the social norms at the time it was written. For instance, the rules regarding polygamy being limitted to 4 wives and the explicit requirement that the husband of multiple wives absolutely must provide for and care for all wives he takes. <-- In a modern context that seems completely sexist and bigotted. But the social norm prior to Mohammed was limitless wives and no rules. Many men never bothered to care for their wives and would have dozens of them. Mohammed's guidelines on polygamy actually struck a blow for the rights of women within that day's culture.

One of the things that the adherents of "Rule of Law by the Holy Koran" never learn is the very lesson that Europe learned well over a hundred years ago: Rule by religion virtually always leads to bad things. The Islamic World stands in horror of the attrocities that sprung from the Crusades. The Crusades were a direct result of "Rule By Religion." The Jihads were often no better and were founded by the same ideology. Both Islam and Christianity have their own unforgivable Genocides and both were mostly justified on the basis of religious bigotry being instituted as the rule of law: The Jewish Holocaust and the less remembered Armenian Holocaust.

I've yet to hear of a case where something good was accomplished by "Rule of Law by Religion" that wouldn't have been accomplished just fine without it. That said, religion certainly has its place in society. Its prevalence leads people to lead better lives and uphold better morals.

TBA_PAKI said:
Your ideology about Quran is wrong.

Quran states equal rights for men and women and even punishment for both is same in case of crimes.

Jews are condemned with context to crucifying of Prophet Jesus (PBUH).

I think that you don't read books properly!
I have a question..and I don't mean this in a flaming way.. but if the Quran says that both men and women are equal...why to women have to walk around all covered up? I've never found out an answer to that question. It would interesting to know.

Now as for the girl.. I really think its one of the things that westerners might never understand about their laws. Its really unfortunate for that girl to have been born there. She unfortunately has no chance for life ..if she let that guy rape her she'd have to marry him, right? I heard of happening in a unrelated case.

Understand I'm not exactly sure. I've not read the Quran. Nor am I well versed in Iran laws. I'm just asking questions to gain a new insight, and more knowledge.

Peace,
Nachos

No, no, I simply don't agree. What I read in the Koran is total discrimination of Jews and infidels and a definite submission for women who are subject to men. I really do. This is not a thread on the Koran though, and I won't be charged with hijacking this thread.

Italian Guy said:
No, no, I simply don't agree. What I read in the Koran is total discrimination of Jews and infidels and a definite submission for women who are subject to men. I really do. This is not a thread on the Koran though, and I won't be charged with hijacking this thread.

second that!

Italian Guy said:

I'll agree with you. From the tranlated text I've read, you are correct.

Italian Guy said:
Right, there. But don't expect the Koran to be some sort of a sweet, gentle, merciful book. A lot of things the Koran says (about women being inferior or jews being low creatures) are pretty clear and totally shameful.

Yes but then the bible is hardly all love and picnic's either is it.

Both of these books were pretty much written by who believed that they had the only "true" religion the only real difference is that much of the west has managed to reduce the influence of radical interpretation in its politics and every day life.

I would suggest that as others have suggested it is mans interpretation of the koran/bible that has been the problem throughout history and not the intent of the text's themselves.

No, no, I simply don't agree. What I read in the Koran is total discrimination of Jews and infidels and a definite submission for women who are subject to men. I really do

Isn't this the same with the bible, which I did read.
1) the Jews are blamed for cruxifying Jezus and the Romans used this to feed them to the lions in Rome.
2) The infideld are murdered one more then one occasion and that is okay because they don't believe in God.
3) How much more definate can you get by saying the the woman is made from the rib of a man. And man is built to rule the earth and every living creature on it.

I have a question..and I don't mean this in a flaming way.. but if the Quran says that both men and women are equal...why to women have to walk around all covered up? I've never found out an answer to that question. It would interesting to know.
They have to walk covered because this is culturally determined. The women in Indonesia are mostly muslim, but many walk uncovered. As did many Iranian and Afghan women before extremist took over. In some West African nations women are "circumsized" just like men, in the name of Islam. But that too is very regionally bound..... just like culture.

Ted, this is NOT a thread on the Koran or the Bible. I could get deeper and come up with all the single passages of the Koran stating the submission of women and the total discrimination of the Jews.
But:
1. Saying the Bible is as intolerant as I say the Koran is doesn't do a good service to the latter.
2. The Bible does have a New Testament, the Koran does not.
But yes I agree that interpretation has a crucial importance, of course. I just said the Koran, as it was written and as you read it, is a violent and intolerant book.

Random stuff about the Crusades.

Christian women wore veils.

Muslim women enjoyed more rights than they have today (in some countries like Iran and the former Talibani rule Afghanistan.)

Muslims were infidels.

The Crusades were fought as much for economic reasons as religious. (break the Muslim monopoly on the spice trade with China.)

About Jesus.

Judaism, Christianity and Muslim all agree that Jesus exist, just disagree on his importance.

Pontius Pilate(sp?) had Jesus crucified because he believed the Jews in Palestine would rebel if he did not act.

About the Topic.

I accused Iran of being a backward society earlier, this was a mistake on my part. I should have said "The Iranian government and all those who continue to cooperate with said government are backwards."

I am sorry.

Hi,

MontyB said:
Yes but then the bible is hardly all love and picnic's either is it.

Both of these books were pretty much written by who believed that they had the only "true" religion the only real difference is that much of the west has managed to reduce the influence of radical interpretation in its politics and every day life.

I would suggest that as others have suggested it is mans interpretation of the koran/bible that has been the problem throughout history and not the intent of the text's themselves.

I second that .......... It's not the religion it's the Followers of the religion that have become Intolarent .......... Both Islam and Chiristianity Believe Pretty Much the same thing .

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Italian Guy said:
Ted, this is NOT a thread on the Koran or the Bible. I could get deeper and come up with all the single passages of the Koran stating the submission of women and the total discrimination of the Jews.
But:
1. Saying the Bible is as intolerant as I say the Koran is doesn't do a good service to the latter.
2. The Bible does have a New Testament, the Koran does not.
But yes I agree that interpretation has a crucial importance, of course. I just said the Koran, as it was written and as you read it, is a violent and intolerant book.

If any one wants to know how Islam deals with female members of the society, then he should read the NISSA (means woman) surah.

It is horrible!

But isn't the entire Sharia an endless string of horrible punishment after another.
Nick something, cut of your hand. Commit adultry get executed. The list is endless. But still people adhere to them and claim the these kinds of punishments work (hint hint). But I know to little about the Islam to know if the Sharia uses the Koran as legitimate fundament.

godofthunder9010 said:
I think the underlying point is that, even if this story is not true, this is most definitely something that DOES happen. No, it is most certainly not based upon some passage in the Koran saying "If a woman is raped, Allah commands that she is to be hanged." Nor does the Koran say anything about a woman being hung for defending herself. It is the idiot Mullahs of Iran or other such who decide that this is what the Koran intends.

Exactly!

AlexKall said:

Qoran speaks about punishing women when they are not obedient and talks of polygamy and that it orders the capture of infidels' properties (including women) in case of war.

headspace said:
you're so last year.

DISCLAIMER: FOR ANYONE READING, OR VIEWING ANY PART OF THIS POST
This post is not meant to cause any violation of rules, regulations, and certianly not general ill will with any persons religion, social or economical enviroment. Nor is it to cause any antagonistic, warlike, or belligerent flame like responce. It is my personal opinion and my excercising the right of free speech that many have fought and died for in order that I might be able to expound, express, and in short, give my opinion throught my given viewpoint.

That has been around for quite a while I must agree with you there.

DISCLAIMER: FOR ANYONE READING, OR VIEWING ANY PART OF THIS POST
This post is not meant to cause any violation of rules, regulations, and certianly not general ill will with any persons religion, social or economical enviroment. Nor is it to cause any antagonistic, warlike, or belligerent flame like responce. It is my personal opinion and my excercising the right of free speech that many have fought and died for in order that I might be able to expound, express, and in short, give my opinion throught my given viewpoint.

Uh you didnt post anything?

Back