Internet access whilst on Deployment

serenity

I would like to know how often someone on deployment from the United States Air Force would have access to a computer for communication reasons. Let's assume they were deployed to somewhere like Israel. Just a rough estimate would be appreciated. Daily, weekly etc etc
I thank anyone for a reply.[/b]

I can't speak for the USAF, but in the Army in Iraq (Balad - 40 miles north of Baghdad) we had 24/7 internet connection via sat uplink interrupted only when a tracked vehicle would drive by and break the cable between our office and the sat station.

The USAF historically having it far better than the Army - I don't think you have anything to worry about. And they don't have tracked vehicles.

Thanks for your response. When you say 24/7 internet access - do you mean that you personally could access it whenever you wanted or were there specific days of the week or specific times of the day you were personally allotted the usage of it? Thanks again.

Serinity,

My soldier is in the Army National guard, and he is deployed in iraq, and he can access the net whenever he wishes--but only for 30 minutes at a time.

And it is iffy over there, because alot of days the weather (and the sand) and other circumstances prevent the internet from being accessable.....

Don't know about air force/israel...... The Air Force people that I know of are stationed in places where they can easily pick up the phone whenever they wish.......... so I don;t know.....

Back