India! - Page 2

--

September 1st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Oh, its just like anything. China is sorta the big boy on the block in that neighborhood, so Russia and India (I believe) have an understanding to help one another out if the worst happens. It would make logical sense of course.

But yeah, I can't immagine a better recipe for a bloodbath than having the 2 most populated nations in the world going at it. Neither side is interested in that sort of conflict, but India going it alone would get their asses kicked eventually.
September 1st, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Thank you for your kind words

But I think India is also getting stronger and stronger, if China really must fight against India, I guess it is a stalemate, since India is simply too large, and their airforce is very good. Btw the area's btw China and India is simply too difficult for heavily armed forces, too tough conditions to fight wars.

I hope China and India the 2 great old civilizations can get along very well.
September 2nd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Any idea what the population of India is up to these days? Just curious if anyone has a accurate number from as recent as possible.
--
September 2nd, 2004  
AlexKall

They both get equipment from bofors and saab. Bofors is a company owned by american united defense.

Pakistan gets radarunits for their planes, india get older bofors artillary cannons. Saab wanted to sell Gripen to pakistan but the sell wasnt granted by the swedish government (good thing) so they are now selling hightech radar units instead.
September 2nd, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Any idea what the population of India is up to these days? Just curious if anyone has a accurate number from as recent as possible.
Try this one:
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/in.html
September 4th, 2004  
desijatt

I'm really suprised you don't have a Indian forum member.
China and India have a catious relation ship. Why? Lets see...China arms Pakistan not only with conventional but actuall warhead caring missiles. Other then that they have a hands away relationship.
The Indian army currently has 980 000 active forces. Another 900 000 reserves!
The command is British bassed! With each Regiment fighting to be more popular. IA has a good mix of artilliry from 122 mm rockets and 214 mm and 300 mm Smerch on order from Russia.
India's airdefence is "tight" with Russian and western equipment. The SAMs are to bereplaced with indegnous ones and if Congress aprroves we (India) can get Partriot or even Arrow which Isreal wants to "co-develop". India had quite a sucess developing a Russian cruise missile with Indian guidence system. Brahmos with a range of 290 km. IA also uses Milan 2 ATGM and I believe they may be acquiring the Isreali Spike. IA is also on its way to get 5000 155 mm artilleery!
India uses Isreali GreenPine radar and comand structure. A lot of Indian weapons are turning Isreali. 3000 Tavors where ordered for Paratroops. For surveillance IA uses Elta, Searcher and some other stuff. Mostly homemade and Isreali. INavy has ordered 124 Hal Dhurv heles. The army currently uses BMP2 and T-72 which badly need replacing or upgrades. Army recently acquired T-90 MBT from Russia and Ordered 125 limited Arjun MK2 MBT from DRDO. Attempts are on the way for more homemade products with LARGE Isreali help. Most projects are halted because India lacks expereince but not brains. Isreal always pops up. The recent Arjun tank can fire an Isreali LAHAT ATGM from a rifled gun! Now thats range.
Heres a pic. It was orginally based of the Leopord.

As far as I know the airforce is old and new. The Fishbeds need bad replaceing. Pilots get more flying hours than American counter-parts. This is due to the lack of AJT. IAF recently ordered 66 Hawks. Thank God! The Su-30MKI flanker is the most advanced Russian airplane in service. It could probabily take a Typhoon givin the right missiles. The Strike fleet is still as good as can be. IAF uses Jaguars and Floggers. MiG-21's underwent a BVR upgrade making them capably of holding R-77! IAF ordered 124 Mirage 2000's from France.
October 11th, 2004  
Bharatiya

Topic: Re: India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Hey, how does their military stand? What's up with the pakistani conflict(s)?
India's military is way ahead of Pakistan's. Besides the sheer number of Indian soldiers is more than double of Pak's. We've gone into war thrice (coz of their mischieves) and everytime we've won. 8)
October 11th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Topic: Re: India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharatiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Hey, how does their military stand? What's up with the pakistani conflict(s)?
India's military is way ahead of Pakistan's. Besides the sheer number of Indian soldiers is more than double of Pak's. We've gone into war thrice (coz of their mischieves) and everytime we've won. 8)
Welcome on board Bharatiya

By "won" what does it exactly mean? Does it mean India conquered some lands from Pakistan or something others? I don't know too much about those 3 wars, but I did hear about them.
October 11th, 2004  
Bharatiya

Thanks for the welcome!

The Pakistanis tried to capture our land in J&K which we defended by defeating them in war.
October 12th, 2004  
westwater

China is not comparable to India in military equipments.Indian have many modern weapon which chinese can not get.
But India can not challenge China in most aspects, include economy education and living level .