If Yasser Arafat dies, then...?? - Page 3

--

November 4th, 2004  
Darcia

What is going to be truly interesting is watching the response of the People.. Jimmy Carter has said he would like to go to the Funrel if he is realy dead.
November 4th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Well, if Mr Carter wants to go to pay his last respects to a man who can be compared to Bin-Laden or Nasralla, let him.
November 4th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Well, if Mr Carter wants to go to pay his last respects to a man who can be compared to Bin-Laden or Nasralla, let him.

I can't say for sure whether this is the case or not seeing as I am not inside Carter's head, but I doubt he meant it like that.

Honestly though, I doubt it would be a good idea for any outsiders to attend that funeral, it might not be the safest place for a strange face to show up.
--
November 4th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Arafat is not dead yet, the french military hospital have published a statement saying he is notdead, but it doesnt rule out him being in a coma
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3980903.stm
November 4th, 2004  
Bratwurst

Quote:
Arafat is getting better now according to what ive read here in newspaers.
Just an hour ago I heard in the radio that he is supposedly in a coma. Rumor even talks about permanent brain damage.

Even though I believe one should never talk badly of the dying, I have hope for a fresh start in diplomacy when he is gone.
November 5th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

As far as the peace process is concerned, I feel that Arafat's death will brighten the chances for peace. The US concluded a while back that Arafat had to go if there was to be peace. He refused to give up all of his power to the Prime Ministers. I know one of the PM's resigned because of Arafat's control over things.

National Public Radio seems to think that there will be a better chance for peace with Arafat gone. Let's hope there can be some good that comes from the death of Arafat. Things are pretty bad in Gaza and the West Bank. New leadership can only go up from the Palestinians current position.
November 5th, 2004  
larsrq

In Swedish papers they says he is brain dead. But on SkyNews, CNN and Fox they are not sure yet. Anyone got better info?
November 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Arafat dead ? good news.
November 5th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Quote:

Arafat is getting better now according to what ive read here in newspaers.

Just an hour ago I heard in the radio that he is supposedly in a coma. Rumor even talks about permanent brain damage.

Even though I believe one should never talk badly of the dying, I have hope for a fresh start in diplomacy when he is gone.

Sorry, I was sick and I only read the newspapers that were a day old...cause I couldent get downstairs...
November 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Abu Mazen replaced him as PNA President with Abu Ala still prime minister.