How is the weather like where you are now?!

Here are my notes from a 0900 conference call this morning (15 DEC) with National Weather Service re: the metro-DC area. And was I planning on driving up to NJ after work tonight. :crybaby:

National Weather Service is forecasting precipitation possibly beginning as sleet, then snow from 0900-1100, conversion back to sleet again, then freezing rain from 1230 or 1300 until 1600. Air temperatures are expected to remain below freezing until 1500 to 1600. Dusting/less than 1" of snow is expected. 1/10" of ice is expected in DC, 1/4" of ice is expected in Fairfax County, 1/2" or more of ice is expected towards I-81 in VA. Freezing rain is expected to fall in Loudon County through 1900, and there will be less ice as you go east. There is a turnover to rain expected for the rest of the evening. Road temps may stay below freezing even as air temps rise, which may cause continued slick road surfaces. Precipitation is expected to convert back to snow during the overnight as air temperatures fall.

Projected/forecasted times may be off by about an hour or two.

As of 0915, local Maryland roads are averaging in the high-20's as of now at the surface, in the low- to mid-30's below the surface. As of 0920, local DC roads are averaging 26F and are dry at the moment, MetroRail is expected to remain on schedule, MetroBus is staying on schedule as of now. As of 0927, Dulles Toll Road is showing 25F and BWI is reporting freezing drizzle.

This morning in Växjö, Sweden we have clear weather, no clouds and a temperature of about 10 below zero Celsius (equals to 14 degrees Fahrenheit), no snow and no wind. Local time at the moment is 05.26 AM.

It's almost like a California winter here in Iraq. High of about 65 during the day. Either way, it is still :cens: Iraq.

Back