how has the military changed your life?

--

March 16th, 2005  
mandi

Topic: how has the military changed your life?

i am writing a research paper for an advaced compostion class, and my topic is how the military has changed the lives of those who have joined. my main focus is the younger generation, those people who have just joined in the past couple years. My professor likes us to use a lot of quotes, so i was wondering if some of you could help me out by telling me how it has changed your life - if you dont mind me quoting you in my paper of course! thank you so much!
March 16th, 2005  
serbianpower

I have ulcer. that`s all i got
March 16th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Am I too old at the ripe old age of 25 to answer??????
--
March 17th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
Am I too old at the ripe old age of 25 to answer??????
you're only 25????

lol~! so am i but from your post & obvious experience i thought yoy were older

....thats a compliment BTW
March 17th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I'm not in yet but it's changed my life already.
I'm taking more risks, not caring about consequences, breaking rules and growing my hair and a moustache and beard because I know that once I get in, it'll be 2 years of being completely squared away, disciplined and listening to ranking personell.
LOL
March 17th, 2005  
mandi

ripe old age of 25 huh? i think that'll be fine...thanks!
March 18th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
you're only 25????

lol~! so am i but from your post & obvious experience i thought yoy were older

....thats a compliment BTW
Thank you sir

I asked about being too old because I can definitely see a big difference between my 25 year old arse and people who are under 21. My wife, who is a bit younger than me, complains every now and then that I am "too old." I see that more as a compliment than a problem 8). Don't tell her I said that

ANYWAYS, to understand how the Army has changed me, you must first understand me when I was 17. That will take a bit of typing and I should have my post up tomorrow. Then all of you can see the beaten path I took to get where I am now. I am not sure yet if that is a good thing or not...
March 18th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

well I'm in the cadets..."The military gave me a plan and meaning in life"
March 18th, 2005  
Themrose89

As a cadet, the way I look at people and situations has drastically changed. I have become much more flexible to others opinions, while maintaining my own.
March 18th, 2005  
MilidarUSMC

im 19, i just turned it the 16th too so im pretty young. its wierd, the first time i came home i saw all my old friends but it was kinda wierd seeing them doing the same old thing, ive gone through 3 different schools and matured a lot since i got in. the little things dont bother me as much as they used to as if there is more meaning in my life and the little crap is a waste of time. ive learned to walk tall and not be so timid. standing up for yourself is a big thing. i used to not be able to stand up to someone but now.

i became independant and nolonger depend on my parents. i dont reallly think of home as where i came from but of where i am. My GF dumped me and it didnt bother me as much as when i had a girl dump me in HS. i think its changed my attitude more than anything else. my "home" life is now just calling home and saying hello. its a very good thing IMO and now i actually have to go take one of my CH-46 tests :/...i hate hydraulics.

i hope that helps you if you have any questions or need me to expound on anything just ask and if it didnt help you at all, im sorry. good luck w/ your paper