How to defeat a guerrila war - Page 2

--

December 14th, 2004  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyca
Unless you win the hearts of the locals, you will never win guerrila wars. It's always better to win the hearts than to win the fights.
Like Field marshal DJ said, if locals are nationalistic and think you an invader, you can't win their hearts because you are enemy anyway. Only favor you can do for them is to die, and that is the right attitude.

Invader is always an invading enemy and all local people who cooperates with invader is a traitor and should be punished by death by other locals and guerillas. Citizen serves his country, not fails it.
Yep, if you can't win hearts for whatever reason, you are not going to win guerrila wars. You either kill them all, or leave.
December 14th, 2004  
EuroSpike

And of course depends what kind of "guerilla war" is meaned? Is it organized army's light specially guerilla trained infantry units doing recon and hasty strikes/ambushes against enemy supply lines/columns behind enemy lines or do we discuss about less organized underground resistance by local people like in Iraq?
December 14th, 2004  
Trevor

Well military like the USA'sshould have no trouble defeating rogue guerilla tactics. Especially with their rescources.
--
December 14th, 2004  
Missileer

What if you are attacked first? I realize that is a hard fact to face for many people. Do you wait for them to occupy you so you can wage guerilla warfare or do you take it to them? I think if I'm hit first and live through it, there will be no chance for another hit. Any war is an all out war. There is no negotiating with some Countries so you hit with the ferocity and force of a tiger on a rabbit.
December 15th, 2004  
victortsoi

can we win hearts and minds with people motivated through religious sentiments like in iraq or other parts of the muslim world? becasue all the hearts and minds examples do not concern islamic fundamentalism, correct me if im wrong.
however, a place where guerrila war did work, incidentlay, was Algeria, which is muslim.
December 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

to beat a gurella, u gotta think like one too
December 24th, 2004  
Guaripa

Excuse me !

In general terms. when we (Allied Nations) attack without provocation, or for political reasons it is called Preamtive Strike

When anyone else does it, its called Invasion ?!?

History in reversal

Read the story of Algiers and the Frech , actually the movie is used by the US as a trining video, and recenlty it was reviewed in the White House.
December 24th, 2004  
A Can of Man

What is the title of this movie?
December 27th, 2004  
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaripa
Excuse me !

In general terms. when we (Allied Nations) attack without provocation, or for political reasons it is called Preamtive Strike

When anyone else does it, its called Invasion ?!?

History in reversal

Read the story of Angola abd the Frech , actually the movie is used by the US as a trining video, and recenlty it was reviewed in the White House.
You need to post sources for your information. Just stating that something is used as a training video for example, is insufficient. What does "Read the story of Angola abd the Frech" mean? This is a borderline post at best but without sources it is not acceptable.
December 27th, 2004  
Snauhi

Guerilla war cannot be defeated, look at the russian fighting in Chechenya, russians killed thousands of them, but a chechen women usslay gives birth to 6 children,its a same thing with Iraq, if USA continues to cause violence(not all americans, only few but its enough)like the prison torture, then just more people just join the geurilla.