How to answer the phone - Page 4

--
How to answer the phone

June 7th, 2007  
MontyB

How to answer the phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre
Americans can not say tomahto properly despite 400 years to practice, and the New Zealanders have sex after five. That does not leave too many posters on this thread left with credibility on speaking true blue fair dinkum real okka English.
Interestingly enough we think the same of the Australian accent and my experience is that Americans think we both have sex after five.
June 7th, 2007  
Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Interestingly enough we think the same of the Australian accent and my experience is that Americans think we both have sex after five.
(you dont?)

Is that after 5 years in the Priesthood or after 5 years on Earth?
June 7th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
But we don't have an accent. It's only some of you weird talkin' Kiwis.

Funnily enough I had some Kiwi rellies stay with us last year and they spoke regular Australian just like us. Is the "Kiwi" accent a regional thing?
--
How to answer the phone
June 7th, 2007  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
But we don't have an accent. It's only some of you weird talkin' Kiwis.

Funnily enough I had some Kiwi rellies stay with us last year and they spoke regular Australian just like us. Is the "Kiwi" accent a regional thing?
Oddly enough we do have regional dialects which I think is strange for such a small population I am guessing it due to the demographics of our colonisation (The north being a reasonable mix and the south being strongly Scottish).

Overall I am told our accent is most similar to a Queensland one in Australian terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator
Is that after 5 years in the Priesthood or after 5 years on Earth?
After 5 minutes of down time.
June 8th, 2007  
Ted

Dear MontyB and Senojekips, eventhough it is nice to read that there is such a thing as regional dialects in your corner of the world, I have a question for you. What is it exactly that you people do? And what's the matter with the sex and 5 minutes? I heard through the grapevine that that is how long you last..... is that true?
June 8th, 2007  
Padre

New Zealand 2007 Birth Rate = 13.61 per 1,000 population.

Australian 2007 Birth Rate = 12.02 per 1,000

Netherlands 2007 Birth Rate = 10.7 per 1,000

Don't know who's having more fun, but...........

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../print/nz.html
June 8th, 2007  
bulldogg

Kiwi's have only one vowel sound for all the vowels... sorta like the many moods of Matt Damon. LOL
June 8th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Dear MontyB and Senojekips, eventhough it is nice to read that there is such a thing as regional dialects in your corner of the world, I have a question for you. What is it exactly that you people do? And what's the matter with the sex and 5 minutes? I heard through the grapevine that that is how long you last..... is that true?
Well Ted, I can last that long if there's nothing important to do.
June 9th, 2007  
Donkey

What else do you expect from something we made up?
June 11th, 2007  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA .

Press "1" for English.

Press "2" to disconnect until you learn to speak English

And remember only two defining forces have ever
offered to die for you-

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

Great post.

I was sifting through right wing and pro-American wear and I saw a baby T-shirt that says, "Go Diego, GO!" it shows a picture of Diego (Mexican cartoon character, cousin to Dora the Explorer) running for the American border. I was laughing my ass off.