Home invader killed by man with AK-47 - Page 4

--
Home invader killed by man with AK-47

July 8th, 2007  
Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I think you are pulling a 5.56 and just pulling out selective bits of information to suit your argument here.

1) You say NYC permits number in the hundreds out of a population of 20 million this is somewhat misleading as the population is less relevant than the number of people that apply for the permit so how about a percentage based on the number of applicants rather than the city's population.
New York City has a Population of 8.2 Million at last count, in an area of 332 Square Miles.
The New York City Metro Area Population is 18.8 Million, in an area of 6,720 Square Miles.
New York State has a Population of 19,306,183.
The area of New York State is 54,520 Square Miles.

Source: New York State http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York#Population

Source: New York City http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City
July 8th, 2007  
mmarsh

Bugfatty

These reason celebrities get permits is because they are at risk. And the reason there is gun control is because the PEOPLE who live there, WANT IT. People who want to have guns should live outside city limits. No one forces you to live in NYC.

I used to shoot too in Upstate NY, but guns and big cities are a bad mix.

I can tell you being that I was born and raised, and lived in NYC for the first 28 years of my life I can tell you that life in NYC is much nicer AFTER the handgun ban than BEFORE it.
I know there because I was there.

Simply put I would gladly take living in NYC where crime is extremely low and has a handgun ban, than living in Miami where guns are legal and crime is skyrocketing.
July 8th, 2007  
major liability

New York's violation of the Second Amendment only applies in certain counties; like I said, it's very easy to get a permit from the sheriff in Dutchess. If you live in a richer area or closer to the city, though, you're pretty much boned.
--