Here we have ranks in a list of top-10 armed forces in world

Army0413

Banned
That's not too late to list top-10 military list. In world's strongest list.

Here are my top-10:

1.China - Over 2 million man
2.Iran - 545 000 troop size
3.Israel - 182 000 troop size
4.Japan
5.USA
6.Russia
7.France - 221 900 troop size
8.UK
9.Chile - can fights effectivy in war defence with 86000 troop size
10.Turkey

Chile and Finland are two identity military Power and Finland have killed big Soldiers of Soviet in winter war.

Turkey are stronger than Germany and Finland today.

:lol: :m1: :D

Just because an army has larger numbers, doesn't make them stronger, we've been massively outnumbered in battles and still came out on top, its down to tenacity and skill that makes an army stronger. ;)

I believe that Iran are stronger than USA at home because USA have a four front warship. But USA is strong to like my fifth place to USA in list.

And USA have bigger army but Iran is stronger.

But USA can take Iran in attack they are stronger in attack. Was maybe true story.

:bang:

Just because an army has larger numbers, doesn't make them stronger, we've been massively outnumbered in battles and still came out on top, its down to tenacity and skill that makes an army stronger. ;)

Not only tenacity and skill but better training and very important is morale. The battle of Rorkes Drift is an epic example where 100 men the 24th Regiment of Foot fought off 4000 Zulu's a ratio of 40 to 1, earlier in the day 25000 Zulu defeated 1500 British troops at Isandlwana a ratio of 16 to 1.

Last edited:
The problem in rating nations in this way is that it is pure guess work.

I would suggest that until you can look at the over all ability of these nations to wage war on many levels duration, economy, logistics, quality of opposition etc. it is impossible to determine a ranking system.

I am not sure I understand the relevance of that either as wealth is only one aspect of the overall equation and I am not so sure the US is wealthy enough any longer to sustain a protracted war anymore than any of the other major nations out there.

Currently you would have to rate the USA in the top grouping of military nations out there they have a major advantage in the ability to project power with their carrier groups however it is debatable how well those groups would stand up to fighting another one of the top tier nations, against nations like Iraq and Afghanistan they are a devastating force but throw them against say Britain, France or Germany it may be a far closer fight than most expect.

China on the other hand huge bank balance and massive manpower but a logistically backward military, a rather dodgy old Russian carrier, untested navy and aircraft trying to project itself beyond Chinese waters would be incredibly difficult so its chances of maintaining a large army in the field would be very difficult.

Basically I think you can scrap most of the nations on your list as either not having the economy, population or technology to sustain any sort of drawn out conflict in my opinion (not taking into account coalitions such as NATO) you really only have 3-4 nations capable of filling the top spots and a couple of those are not really close yet, they would be China, Russia, USA and India (in the near future) what order you put them in is up to the individual.

India have good techlogic but Japan must have better. Then India is not stronger than a top ten list with India outside because they can't win with bigger armies like the other some China and USA exampel. They have tough against Pakistan without nuclears and that are not good if they are stronger than one mouslim country with nuclears.

1,3-1,4 million man is not best for India. If they will to win a big war they must have one million armed forces.

I am not sure I understand the relevance of that either as wealth is only one aspect of the overall equation and I am not so sure the US is wealthy enough any longer to sustain a protracted war anymore than any of the other major nations out there.

Currently you would have to rate the USA in the top grouping of military nations out there they have a major advantage in the ability to project power with their carrier groups however it is debatable how well those groups would stand up to fighting another one of the top tier nations, against nations like Iraq and Afghanistan they are a devastating force but throw them against say Britain, France or Germany it may be a far closer fight than most expect.

China on the other hand huge bank balance and massive manpower but a logistically backward military, a rather dodgy old Russian carrier, untested navy and aircraft trying to project itself beyond Chinese waters would be incredibly difficult so its chances of maintaining a large army in the field would be very difficult.

Basically I think you can scrap most of the nations on your list as either not having the economy, population or technology to sustain any sort of drawn out conflict in my opinion (not taking into account coalitions such as NATO) you really only have 3-4 nations capable of filling the top spots and a couple of those are not really close yet, they would be China, Russia, USA and India (in the near future) what order you put them in is up to the individual.

I don't think Britain would fare very well against US carrier groups, Britain has scrapped their last carriers and scrapped the Harriers. The two new aircraft carriers to be built won't have aircraft because a government spokesman stated "there is no money for aircraft, but the US can fly their aircraft off of them." I really grieve at times, Britain was once a major maritime power, now its a 3rd world maritime power.

Again it comes down to what you can afford and what credible threats you face as to what size military you end up with, currently Britain has no credible threats to its sovereignty and in all honesty is not likely to have any external threats in the next 10-20 years.

I feel a lot of people look at the military with the thinking of WW1-WW2 era but that was the end of the territorial expansion mentality, most of the threats to nations these days are internal ones and you don't need a giant military for that just an effective police force.

Oh and how would the RAF stand up though.

India have good techlogic but Japan must have better. Then India is not stronger than a top ten list with India outside because they can't win with bigger armies like the other some China and USA exampel. They have tough against Pakistan without nuclears and that are not good if they are stronger than one mouslim country with nuclears.

1,3-1,4 million man is not best for India. If they will to win a big war they must have one million armed forces.

You are missing my point, there are a lot of factors that make up the strengths of each country but without a large population to support a military, a strong economy to pay and supply a large military and the logistics capacity to move it to where it needs to be you really don't have much chance of being a powerful military.

In all honesty I think you will find that despite its over all capabilities the US military has been under considerable stress to maintain wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and given that they are probably the best prepared military in the world today it really doesn't say a lot for anyone else's chances.

Basically the top 10 list is a list of regional powers and little else.

Last edited:
The new Typhoon has far as I am aware has not been proven in combat, so I couldn't really answer you as to how the RAF would stand up with that particular aircraft.

I will say however, that the Brits do tend to punch above their weight with some of the crap equipment they are issued with.

USA is not richest it's EU some no 1 in list. But their it's many countries in EU, top-3 richest: Germany, United Kingdom and France.

Now I knowns he he

Last edited:
BritainAfrica and Monty do a top ten list of world's military.

Will bee nice to read your list.

Maybe USA and UK higher up in your'se.

I beleive that UK are 3rd or 5 strongest in history. Nazi Germany is on fourth place and Soviet and USA in top-2. Japan, Finland or Poland in top five. This is history.

Sorry but I do not believe you can make a "top 10" list primarily because there is no real way to measure the accuracy of the choices.

We can certainly let our allegiances and prejudices run wild (with all the Americans picking the USA, All the Australians picking Australia and all the Kiwis picking the All Blacks) and choose 10 names but in the end they would just be guesses that could never be validated.

If you want to talk specifics then that may be a little more possible but overall who knows.

I think Iran is strong in defence. Stronger than USA in defence. But USA maybe stronger in attack and can attack Iran in 2013-2014.

USA/England/Israel attacking Iran.

Or will Iran have nuclear submarines and carriers to attack any country in future. What your other says. :?:

They will be same like USA, Russia and France. :?:

Maybe I like this. Iran will be nuclear power no 10 or 11. :mrgreen:

Here we have ranks in a list of top-10 armed forces in world info

That's not too late to list top-10 military list. In world's strongest list.

Here are my top-10:

1.China - Over 2 million man
2.Iran - 545 000 troop size
3.Israel - 182 000 troop size
4.Japan
------------------------------------------
you high opinion about my country made me appricate!
but you overestimate the power of China ,do you forgot USA is the only superpoer? on my view ,the military energy of China only stronger a little than the countries of African,sorry Charlie!

If no nuclear weapons, may be the Iran can fight a full war against French, Because the Iran own some 70 millions population,but Iran will lose the war at last! Because French oversee Iranians,no matter from industrial production level and technology!

Last edited:
why American should attack Iran,give me a reason! Did Iranian kill some American or kick the ass of the Amiercan or the JEWS!

You are wrong ,American not stronger in attack ,they just strong in air bombing, always the land forces clean the battlefield after air bombing! If USA worry about the terrirble casualties, I will suggest American launch missiles attack Iran from the moon!

By the way, I oppose give the POWS treatmeant to the war-plane pilots,they konw they are killing many people after they drops the bombs, they are murderers.

I suggest the people of Iran excutive these pilots after they be shoot down.
now these bad guys know what would happen after when theirs planes be shoot down!

These pilots must be kneel down at the people of Iran,beg:" Oh, no no no no no no-no, please,please please don't kill me ,please don't torture me , please don't buggery me, It no my business, It just our goverment send me doing these dirty jobs.

I think Iran is strong in defence. Stronger than USA in defence. But USA maybe stronger in attack and can attack Iran in 2013-2014.

USA/England/Israel attacking Iran.

Or will Iran have nuclear submarines and carriers to attack any country in future. What your other says. :?:

They will be same like USA, Russia and France. :?:

Maybe I like this. Iran will be nuclear power no 10 or 11. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back