HELP STOP SAN DIEGO MILITARY HOUSING RULE

ssn759wife

Please sign my petition to help change the Lincoln Military Housing rule that doesn't allow pets. My husband recently gave up good orders because we knew we wouldn't be allowed to take our two dogs and keep them if we lived in housing. Going through a move alone, has it's effects on our children, but can you imagine having to tell them we're moving AND having to give up their pets? That would devistate them. Several people have been bashing me for wanting to get this petition signed. They say that just because we want something doesn't mean they have to give it to us. I was told that I needed to stop "b****ing" and suck it up. I've also had several people tell me that housing is a choice. Yes, this is true, I could go out and find a place on the town, but I don't have money to go and take my 3 children and try to find us a house. I also don't want to find one online because just because it looks good online doesn't mean it's actually a good place.

Please sign my petition. Sure, while it would be helping my family it would also be helping hundreds of other families too!

Thanks

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/militaryhousing

If basing housing doesn't allow pets then base housing doesn't allow pets. Suck it up. Or go live on the economy.

And as to your little rant on the the link.

Military members don't "give their lives away for 4 years." They enlist and know full well (or should) what that entails.

The DOD employees that maintain base housing are in many cases veterans themselves and they report in the end to Military Officers detailed to oversee this area of base operations. So your "why don't you pick up a gun and do it yourself" is really a bunch of BS.

This has got to be the biggest load of crap I've seen in a long time. Military Families that includes the dependants as well as the service members have to make sacrifices, that includes you.

So you have two choices.

1. Find Rover a new home and move into base housing and reap that benefit of your husbands service.......or.

2. Find off base housing and make the sacrifice of paying the rent in Diego FOR A PLACE THAT ALLOWS PETS. And hope VHA and COLA covers your out of pocket expenses.

Last edited:
I guess I really shouldn't be suprised at those people in the world that have no desire to make life better. Oh well, some people just don't have the mindset that it takes. Maybe someday they'll figure out that you don't have to SETTLE!

I guess I really shouldn't be suprised at those people in the world that have no desire to make life better. Oh well, some people just don't have the mindset that it takes. Maybe someday they'll figure out that you don't have to SETTLE!
I happen to agree with you, but hey, it's the military, and your husband signed up for it. Until he's out, he lives by their rules, and if their rules say "no pets", then that's what they say. And I do understand why they don't want pets on base; they don't want dogs wandering around if they get loose, be it a friendly dog, accident or not.

Do you have any relatives the pets could stay with until you have time/cash to look for a place off base? That could at least buy you time.

Last edited:

Maybe now we'll let everyone smoke at all restaurants and entertainment centers on base.
Moral of the story: the world doesn't revolve around you.

ANYWAYS, Navy Housing is Contracted out to Civilians. San Diego's housing is ran by Lincoln Military Housing. They are not on base, and they have plenty of other base housing all over the US that does allow pets. All that this petition is trying to do is get them to allow pets in San Diego. If you aren't into this petition, and you think that it's "stupid", then go find some other thread. No one says you have to reply to mine. Hopefully you will keep commenting though. Maybe your stupid remarks will help get people fired up to sign the petition.

So, remarks are "stupid" because they don't fall lockstep into what you want to hear?

You reek of a spoiled brat. I was actually going to sign your petition before I gleaned an insight into the typical officer's wife you are (whether your hubby is officer or not).

We're fighting two wars, and you think the military gives a goat's balls what YOU want?

This ain't a democracy, toots.

You hubby gets a cushy desk job in San Diego (unless he is a pilot or SEAL), and all you can do is whine?

Why don't you step back and be glad he isn't with the Infantry in Iraq for 15 months? Look for the blessings in life instead of focusing on me, me, me...

:spam:

ANYWAYS, Navy Housing is Contracted out to Civilians. San Diego's housing is ran by Lincoln Military Housing. They are not on base, and they have plenty of other base housing all over the US that does allow pets. All that this petition is trying to do is get them to allow pets in San Diego. If you aren't into this petition, and you think that it's "stupid", then go find some other thread. No one says you have to reply to mine. Hopefully you will keep commenting though. Maybe your stupid remarks will help get people fired up to sign the petition.

Those contractors still report to the OIC of base operations and his staff who reports to the Base Commander. Their restrictions and requirements for occupation of base housing are approved by base operations and the base commander prior to being implemented. So mayhaps you should study the chain of command and TO&E of the facility prior to making accusations.

Some times in a military enviroment you do have to settle. Nature of the beast and that includes whinney dependants as well as service members.
But tell ya what, continue your little crusade because if you make enough noise hubby's command is gonna hear about it and take it out on him. Thats how the military works.

Yeah I could ignore this. Or you could go piss and moan with all the other dependants at the next FRG meeting. They might actually give a crap.

Sign the petition, or don't sign it. For your signature, there's at least 15 more out there! We're getting signatures left and right. One other thing. I don't know what you have against the military dependants, and our FRG meetings, but we're the people that take care of the things back home. We're the people that stand behind you while you're over there. We might not be carrying a gun, but we are serving too!

-snip- ... we're the people that take care of the things back home. We're the people that stand behind you while you're over there. We might not be carrying a gun, but we are serving, too!...
Indeed.

Even more important than you maybe think, and much appreciated.

Still...

Rattler

Last edited:
Sign the petition, or don't sign it. For your signature, there's at least 15 more out there! We're getting signatures left and right. One other thing. I don't know what you have against the military dependants, and our FRG meetings, but we're the people that take care of the things back home. We're the people that stand behind you while you're over there. We might not be carrying a gun, but we are serving too!

You're preaching to the choir. Nobody knows how much y'all dependents sacrifice more than we, the troops, do. And we love you for it and we thank you for it.

But it does appear to be a one-way street:

Remember, remarks that don't agree with you are "stupid" - even ones coming from Combat Arms.

Yeah, you support us, alright - when it suits you.

You need to grow up and earn the respect us vets already have.

There are dependents that support the troops, and then there are the ones that can't wait for deployments for a little strange. Being a dependent gets you no respect and no special treatment from those of us that have been there and done that. There are good dependents and bad dependents.

Your attitude is simply telling.

So you bring your 100-signature petition to the military, and you'll be pacified when they promise you to look into revising the policy; and we'll see you somewhere down the line when you come back to whine that the military lied to you and your husband is being treated like dirt in his unit because his wife is so immature that she can't stop throwing a fit.

It is not like we have not seen this before.

I applaud your efforts. But your methods leave much to be desired in the adult world.

One other thing. I don't know what you have against the military dependants, and our FRG meetings, but we're the people that take care of the things back home. We're the people that stand behind you while you're over there. We might not be carrying a gun, but we are serving too!

Oooooohhhhhh where to freakin begin!!!!!!!!!

Your also the ones that write about all your "problems" at home (like Rover not being able to live in military housing) and get my troops heads :cen: up when they need to be focused.

Your the ones that call me all the freakin time during ramp up pissing and moaning about this isn't fair, and that's not fair and your not in the military so why are you being punished and isn't there anyway that Johnny can get outta this pump for the "Good of his family"

Your the ones that burn thru my troops combat pay and run up thier bills while they are dodging IED's and RPG wielding Tango's and I'm forced to article 15 said troops for something that's not of their doing

Your the ones that "find someone because I was lonely and you weren't there for me" causing me to CASEVAC troops because they go off the deep end because they are no longer combat effective.

That's just a few of my issues with "The world and military should revolve around me" dependents.

I noticed alot of you are angry at this woman, I'll join in. :cen: you wife who watches her husband go off to who knows where and come back who knows when. Staying at home taking care of the childeren, paying the bills, cleaning the house, ect. Why do you deserve to keep your dog you've had for years? HUH? Why should the "Government Contracted" housing(not military housing) spend any more of the money they are making (FYI government contracted housing get payed by the military for the contract and get our BAH, thats alot of money, plus they can still rent out to Non-military). Just to Let you Know military wife, when we are out there "Defending this Country" and its "Inaliable Rights" were doing it for everyone else, like the people who want to Legalize Weed, Take away our Guns, and Make Gay Marriage a National Law just to name a few, Not you. Why look at this Huge burden you trying to bring upon us all! Signing a petition so that you and the rest of the families in San Diego living in Housing can have pets? How SELFISH. Now take your Beloved Dog and go :sniper:It. Becuase the members of this forums Do Not Care about you.

Last edited:
1. I have never cheated on my husband, nor will I ever.
2. While I am not an officer's wife, I do have a great respect for them, so I am actually proud that you think I have the character to be one. I know many, and while I don't know all of them, the ones I do know are very great women. I find your critisism toward them appauling and shameful!!!
3. you do NOT know me. And the fact that you would all gang up on me over trying to keep my dog shows me i'm glad I don't know you. I know that our Military is made up of some of the best Men and Women in the World. (Some of them happen to be my family.) I am so proud of them. They have honor, Respect, dignity, and so much more. What happened to you? Most of you are either Retired, or Veterans, what happened? Where you always so willing to attack and bash someone you don't even know? You are men, so you probley don't understand, but I don't want to live anywhere but military housing. Not because of the stupid house, but because of the people. When my husband is gone I feel safe. You wouldn't understand it because you're the protector. You probably don't wake up in the middle of the night to every little noise in the house. I feel secure because I have my neighbors and I've also got my dog. They're only the second best thing to my husband because He's trained to KILL. I do see how you wouldn't understand this, but please, don't keep bashing me. I'm not that person that you described. I am a Wife and Mom to 3 children. I pay every bill we have ontime and I haven't bought anything for me in as long as I can remember. I have dinner ready when my husband gets home (that is if he's coming home) I work late, late nights cleaning offices for extra money. I walk our dog, I bathe our kids, and I do all the other little jobs that my husband doesn't have the time to get to. I have the best husband in the world because he tries. Now, I've got to go put our children to bed and head to work. Again, please, stop bashing me. You don't know me. Sign the petition, or don't~ Just stop!

1. I have never cheated on my husband, nor will I ever.
2. While I am not an officer's wife, I do have a great respect for them, so I am actually proud that you think I have the character to be one. I know many, and while I don't know all of them, the ones I do know are very great women. I find your critisism toward them appauling and shameful!!!
3. you do NOT know me. And the fact that you would all gang up on me over trying to keep my dog shows me i'm glad I don't know you. I know that our Military is made up of some of the best Men and Women in the World. (Some of them happen to be my family.) I am so proud of them. They have honor, Respect, dignity, and so much more. What happened to you? Most of you are either Retired, or Veterans, what happened? Where you always so willing to attack and bash someone you don't even know? You are men, so you probley don't understand, but I don't want to live anywhere but military housing. Not because of the stupid house, but because of the people. When my husband is gone I feel safe. You wouldn't understand it because you're the protector. You probably don't wake up in the middle of the night to every little noise in the house. I feel secure because I have my neighbors and I've also got my dog. They're only the second best thing to my husband because He's trained to KILL. I do see how you wouldn't understand this, but please, don't keep bashing me. I'm not that person that you described. I am a Wife and Mom to 3 children. I pay every bill we have ontime and I haven't bought anything for me in as long as I can remember. I have dinner ready when my husband gets home (that is if he's coming home) I work late, late nights cleaning offices for extra money. I walk our dog, I bathe our kids, and I do all the other little jobs that my husband doesn't have the time to get to. I have the best husband in the world because he tries. Now, I've got to go put our children to bed and head to work. Again, please, stop bashing me. You don't know me. Sign the petition, or don't~ Just stop!

I will not sign the petition.

HOWEVER...

The grace of your last post, quoted here, warrants an apology.

Miss, I apologize to you. You're right: I don't know what it is like to be a dependent. I should not have spoken to you with the disdain I did, and I am sorry.

Thank you for your husband's service, and thank you for being there for him in that service.

My humble apologies,

Richard
US Army Infantry, 1989-1997

I noticed alot of you are angry at this woman, I'll join in. :cen: you wife who watches her husband go off to who knows where and come back who knows when. Staying at home taking care of the childeren, paying the bills, cleaning the house, ect. Why do you deserve to keep your dog you've had for years? HUH? Why should the "Government Contracted" housing(not military housing) spend any more of the money they are making (FYI government contracted housing get payed by the military for the contract and get our BAH, thats alot of money, plus they can still rent out to Non-military). Just to Let you Know military wife, when we are out there "Defending this Country" and its "Inaliable Rights" were doing it for everyone else, like the people who want to Legalize Weed, Take away our Guns, and Make Gay Marriage a National Law just to name a few, Not you. Why look at this Huge burden you trying to bring upon us all! Signing a petition so that you and the rest of the families in San Diego living in Housing can have pets? How SELFISH. Now take your Beloved Dog and go :sniper:It. Becuase the members of this forums Do Not Care about you.

Tell ya what. Sit thru a FRG meeting. Take my phone calls and then listen to my Joes when they are deployed. Then you might understand a little bit. Whole lot different than doing a WestPac, or a Med or what ever other stuff bubble heads do.

Back