Help the expert please ( Fahenheit 911 ). - Page 2

--

November 19th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
This is the part concerning me :

MARINE #1: What I want to do man, real quick, is just get some information from you so I can scratch you off my list sayin' I've already talked to you and you're not interested. Is that cool?

PROSPECT: Yeah.

MARINE #1: What's your name? / Phone number. / What's your address? / Add another one to the list.

But I was thinking that maybe recruiters are credited for how many guys they approach, regardless of their actual joining up. That's what they might have meant by cheering for having added one more to the list.

How does it work?

What these Recruiters are doing is called a canvas. They get out and go where potential enlistee's are. The Mall, Football Games, Basketball Games, arcades anywhere you might find a person of enlistment age.
You walk and talk and make public contact.
There is nothing sinister about it as Moore would have you believe. All of the armed forces have practiced this for years. You can't sit in an office all day and wait for people to come to you.
Recruiters are not credited with contacts. They are credited with enlistments when they graduate RT .
November 19th, 2004  
Kane

Seriously, I think those recruiters should have said "Thinking of any ways to serve your country?". Also, I was really pissed off when I was picked up by Marine Recruiters telling me about all those dumb promotions, stupid career development, money for college, and all that crap. Instead, I was looking for something like this "We need men like you to serve our country. Are you willing to join the Marines to do that?"

Those recruiters didn't mention anything about serving our country, so I turned it down. After that absurd interview, I walked straight into the Navy Recruiting center. And please take no offense if your a Marine.
November 19th, 2004  
Redneck

DO NOT POST BACK TO BACK

You will not be warned again, you know better than that.
--
November 19th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrecy
Seriously, I think those recruiters should have said "Thinking of any ways to serve your country?". Also, I was really pissed off when I was picked up by Marine Recruiters telling me about all those dumb promotions, stupid career development, money for college, and all that crap. Instead, I was looking for something like this "We need men like you to serve our country. Are you willing to join the Marines to do that?"

Those recruiters didn't mention anything about serving our country, so I turned it down. After that absurd interview, I walked straight into the Navy Recruiting center. And please take no offense if your a Marine.

Recruiters are "selling" the Corps or whatever service. They use different "sales" appoarchs on different clients. The fact of the matter is that the majority of individuals who have a desire to serve their Country as a United States Marine will seek out the Recuiter.

Others who may be considering serving but are undecided on which branch are offered the bennies. This is especially true when they are students.

And no I'm not offended. I'm glad.
November 19th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Thank you very much 03USMC. I knew I could count on you.
November 19th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Thank you very much 03USMC. I knew I could count on you.

No problem.