Happy July 4th, America's Birthday. Turning 230 years old.

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Once again, we celebrate the birthday of the greatest nation on Earth. The United States of America. This land of the free and home of the brave turns 230 year old today. As our soldiers, sailors, coast guardsmen, airmen, and marines fight the good fight and defend our rights and freedoms from the forces of evil. We back home must remember their heroic sacrifice. During all of the backyard grilling, watching of the fireworks and blowing up of the firecrakers. We must give thanks to them. The warriors of freedom, truth, justice, and the American way. I have lost friends in the fight for freedom and today i hold a toast to them. My brothers in arms, my friends, and my family. My God protect you and those that you watch over. May the mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons, and daughters of America not wince nor cry. They gave their lives in your protection. They simply ask one thing and one thing only. Remember them, for the nation which forget it's defenders will itself be forgotten.

God Bless America. land of the free and home of the brave!

patriotic_duty.gif

A little inspiration for all of the guys fighting the good fight. This is part of what you fight for.

Last edited:
Happy 4th of July!

God Bless America! Land of the free and home of the brave!

The greatest nation in modern history. Without the USA, Hitler would have ruled the world.

To 230 years of freedom and those that have fought for it, and continue to defend it.

btw, nice poster, I like that.

230 years and the Grand Experiment is still going strong. Good leaders, bad leaders, constitutional crisis and civil disputes ... America is still the beacon for the rest of the world even when our reputation is bruised and abused.

When the world's disadvantaged dream about a better life, no matter what their background ... the United States of America is the destination which allows them to pull up their roots in hopes of a better life. Our streets ARE NOT paved with gold, but what we do have is so much further ahead of any other country on the face of the globe that America will continue as the example which ALL Democratic based countries strive for.

So, as you celebrate the 4th ... remember those who gave so much to make America the greatest country on planet Earth. Honor those who served and died that our way of life will endure ... celebrate their lives and mourn their deaths. To do less would dishonor their memories.

5.56X45mm said:
Once again, we celebrate the birthday of the greatest nation on Earth.
That was originally "discovered" by Norwegians.. :viking:

Happy 4th US of A! :cheers:

^^^No way, the Native Americans were here before the vikings. They just didnt claim the land because they believed that no one could own the land.

Happy Birthday America!

C/1Lt Henderson said:
^^^No way, the Native Americans were here before the vikings. They just didnt claim the land because they believed that no one could own the land.

Happy Birthday America!

I think they were still in Siberia at the time.

Happy birthday and many more to come.

Chief Bones said:
Our streets ARE NOT paved with gold, but what we do have is so much further ahead of any other country on the face of the globe that America will continue as the example which ALL Democratic based countries strive for.
I don't mean no disrespect to you or your country but what makes you think the US is so much ahead of "any other country on the face of the globe"? What about Switzerland? Or Norway? Or the Netherlands? I used to live in Switzerland, I'm half swiss and I can assure you the swiss enjoy the same liberties you do, they earn more, they have <3% unemployment and great health care and education, almost free. No offense meant but these are facts. Happy July 4th.

Happy 4th of July! For about 105 years ago, my family came to this great country from Ireland for their freedom and heard what the this country are so greatest things in the world. And still today, it is still greatest country. I will be proud to be an American. And Irish, too.

loki said:
I don't mean no disrespect to you or your country but what makes you think the US is so much ahead of "any other country on the face of the globe"? What about Switzerland? Or Norway? Or the Netherlands? I used to live in Switzerland, I'm half swiss and I can assure you the swiss enjoy the same liberties you do, they earn more, they have <3% unemployment and great health care and education, almost free. No offense meant but these are facts. Happy July 4th.

If the countries you named are so great then why do so many of their citizens come to America???

To get to know a different culture? For business? I think theres quite a lot of good reasons for settling in America.

Anyway who care, we just got kicked out of the world cup. Screw those Italians! :m16shoot:

Ouch... That's something I've never been able to follow. But I guess it's like the Dodgers losing to the Yankees during the World Series.

I hate those evil Yankess.

I don't mean no disrespect to you or your country but what makes you think the US is so much ahead of "any other country on the face of the globe"?

For our size we are. No other country that has a population in the same league as ours has anywere near our standard of liveing. Sure swiss is a nice place, but its size of Vermont.

loki said:
To get to know a different culture? For business? I think theres quite a lot of good reasons for settling in America. :m16shoot:

I hate to heap abuse upon abuse ... but ... those that I was pointing out didn't come to this country for business or a vacation ... they immigrated because they saw something in America that wasn't available in their former country.

Chief Bones said:
230 years and the Grand Experiment is still going strong. Good leaders, bad leaders, constitutional crisis and civil disputes ... America is still the beacon for the rest of the world even when our reputation is bruised and abused.

When the world's disadvantaged dream about a better life, no matter what their background ... the United States of America is the destination which allows them to pull up their roots in hopes of a better life. Our streets ARE NOT paved with gold, but what we do have is so much further ahead of any other country on the face of the globe that America will continue as the example which ALL Democratic based countries strive for.

So, as you celebrate the 4th ... remember those who gave so much to make America the greatest country on planet Earth. Honor those who served and died that our way of life will endure ... celebrate their lives and mourn their deaths. To do less would dishonor their memories.
The American government may have its rough eras, but one thing I have noticed while studying US history is that no matter the problems or hits the US takes, the government always seems to get back on track through some unforeseen force. Take the Civil War for example; the North was adamant about abolishing slavery whereas the South was hell-bent on keeping their cheap cotton-picking labor force. The result was one of the bloodiest wars in which America has never seen the greatest loss of American life even to-date (Antietam = 1m American lives in one day, anyone?). Yet America still pulled out of it with greater resolve and with the whole country intact. Now, you can't say very many countries undergo bloody civil wars and still come out of it peachy (Germany, the Middle East, Vietnam, etc.). I'd say that the US is truly blessed by God. :pray:

loki said:
Our country is better because we have Disneyland. :p

Chief Bones said:
I hate to heap abuse upon abuse ... but ... those that I was pointing out didn't come to this country for business or a vacation ... they immigrated because they saw something in America that wasn't available in their former country.

Doesn't the US have the worst problem with visitors with expired visas staying? Hey, people just want to stay/live here. :smile:

Last edited:
Rabs said:
For our size we are. No other country that has a population in the same league as ours has anywere near our standard of liveing. Sure swiss is a nice place, but its size of Vermont.
Thats true. And its surely easier for a small country to maintain their wealth. E.g. the swiss with their tax legislation make all german and austrian millionaires get a swiss residence and pay their taxes to Switzerland.

@5.56X: Thanks for your sympathy.

Chief Bones said:
Well then what was it? Stop beating around the bush, I can't know those people you know. As I said I could imagine a lot of reasons why one may move to the U.S. Among other things its an adventure. Life isn't just health care, income and taxes. But those are all excellent in Switzerland. That was all I meant to say, from a mere materialistic point of view there are countries that offer at least the same the US does. BTW there are quite a lot of Americans living in Switzerland too and even more in Germany.

@ASTRALdragon: And I thought your country IS disneyland. :D

loki said:
@ASTRALdragon: And I thought your country IS disneyland. :D
That wouldn't be too bad either. Disney is a Fortune 500 company, owns various other subsidiary companies (Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures, ABC, ESPN, and Pixar Studios to name a few), has global influence (who the hell hasn't heard of Mickey Mouse plus there are Disneylands in Japan, France, Hong Kong, and soon to be UAE), and is the happiest place on earth! :rock:

Since we seem to have gotten off subject a little bit I re-offer my original post .......

Chief Bones said:

And I offer the following addition ......

The
"Never in the history of the world has any soldier sacrificed more for the freedom and liberty of total strangers than the American soldier.
And, our soldiers don't just give freedom abroad, they preserve it for us here at home.
For it has been said so truthfully that it is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the agitator, who has given us the freedom to protest.
It is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives that protester the freedom he abuses to burn that flag."
should be shouted from the roof tops ... it might silence those who constantly find fault with our country. They profess a love for this country yet they tear it down every chance they get. They can't/won't accept the fact that bad things happen during the heat of battle and use scattered incidents to malign our military service members with the tar brush by calling them criminals. Where they really do a disservice is that they NEVER state that the people that committed these crimes against humanity would probably have been criminals in their civilian lives. UNDERSTAND, I am not saying that ALL of these people had criminal tendencies ... what I am saying is that the pressure and uncertainty of combat brings out the good AND the bad in individuals. If nothing else, Vietnam taught us all that we really don't know ourselves until we are tested on the anvil of combat. The difference between a hero and a coward can be measured by an instant ... the same holds true with an act which can be viewed as criminal.
During this 4th of July holiday, honor the memory of those who have given the last full measure for God and country ... offer the hand of thanks for our freedoms to our military service members and remember the quote that was offered for your reading.
To paraphrase Churchill "Never has so much been owed to so many".
The flame of liberty has oft been fed by the sacrifices of our military.

Back