Gun and knife murders up in UK... so much for gun bans preventing murders lol

Alton_Mullins.jpg

I beleive there were a number of pictures taken like this of a certain Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow... :-o

How did it work out for them?
Did they live long, safe and happy lives "all praise the mighty firearm" or did it end in a gooey mess at the wrong end of said "mighty firearm"?

I understand that Justin, however I feel it is not a really good example of common sense, especially when it feeds the trolls in this thread.

Well, lookee here. Seems that there young Justin has been bad again, and the Troll-sniffer General has been obliged to frighten him with fairy tales about lurking trolls! Jus' like Salem's Lot, ain't it, but completely disreputable and off-topic.

So before returning to topic, I'll just take a moment to try to reassure poor Justin by finishing the Troll-sniffer General's contribution with the ol' American poem:-

I saw a troll upon the stair;
A little troll who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today -
Gee, I wish he'd go away.

Thank you, perhaps we can now stick to reality.:lol:

I

arm the police, bigstyle, then let normal peoples have guns. Watch the murder rate not go up in the slightest.

anyone look at the vigilante part?

it works, hell yeah it works. The police can't do jack all and the prisons are too soft, but if you're gonna get taken down a back alley and battered, then you're gonna stop doin' stuff.

=D

i looked at that page, and couldn't find anything to say really... what we need is good old-fashioned street justice. Like what happened in N.I. to that drug dealer, where they tarred and feathered him.

and when they kneecapped (also in N.I.) this guy that had mugged an old granny... and left him with a notice "this is what happens when you mug old grannies".

There's loads of stories like that, but we need to bring it back again.

There you are folks- the experience of a young man on the our streets, who obviously feels that he and his are definitely not receiving sufficient protection from our authorities, our police, our society.

Thank you - Insomniac, looking for tough justice. I hope we will wake and provide it for you from the correct sources, a bit of zero tolerance. You should be safe on your own streets.

yup, primarily used for Urban Exploration. Seeing as how i have an interest (genuine, no bull) in architecture, more specifically older architecture.

yup, primarily used for Urban Exploration. Seeing as how i have an interest (genuine, no bull) in architecture, more specifically older architecture.

So let me see if I understand this:
You are going to attack a group of guys who are regularly looking to fight with a big torch (yes I know they hurt)?

I have a bit of advice for you:
1) Attack them first because if they get the first swing you probably wont have the time to start swinging your torch, of course you will then have the law to deal with but I am sure they will understand.
2) Make sure the thing is attached firmly to your person because if you lose control of it chances are you may get to feel how hard that thing is.

Personally I think you need to find another way around this problem but either way let us know how it turns out.

Good advice here from MontyB, Insomniac. But it just shows the problems faced by youngsters in these environments.

I had not understood that these were the same group of opponents each time; am I right or not? I imagined you were not short of random groups.

Anyway, as MontyB says, keep us up to date, and perhaps other experienced trouble shooters here might care to add something.

Do you have any youth groups or boys clubs in your area - boxing clubs? Martial arts, weight-lifting?

Most kids raised in the street with no Father don't care for organized sports, for one thing, it doesn't provide much needed, or wanted money. They are ready and willing to accept the consequences of a life of crime. I feel better with my Ek boot knife and Kahr 9mm in my pallet holster when I need to travel into their "stomping" grounds.

i've been there... done that... i really do not like fighting, so the torch is more a deterrent.. and yes, i will let you know how things go, if it works etc.

Hey -The great knife crime crackdown debate began in Parliament yesterday.

How many of our 600+ Members of Parliament could be bothered to turn up ? - 16.

no-one cares.

put simply, that's how it feels on the street.

You nailed that one.

Crime is something that happens to someone else. The truth be known there is little that can be done, the problem is already deeply entrenched.

No other countries are learning from your experience either.

Back